Setting up and using IPS-HFW5231E-Z12E without a browser?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
All of your problems stem from user error and misguided aligence to linux. Plus the cams you purchased are China region versions with hacked firmware.

You've been given the answers, but you resist to follow advice. Over and out.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Plus the cams you purchased are China region versions with hacked firmware.
Which means @Francisco73 should probably avoid the software update that will hopefully add webrtc or hls streaming in a few months.
Blue Iris running on a dedicated windows machine would be more versatile and is easier to view from linux using UI3 than your nvr. VMS software on a dedicated linux box is an option too.

Most linux users with the level of hubris you exhibit have the skills to back it up. Sadly, you do not appear to. There are ways to make things mostly work in linux, but it's my understanding you still don't even have things working in windows on your wife's computer (rebooting the computer would be a good first step mmkay).

Francisco73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All of your problems stem from user error and misguided aligence to linux. Plus the cams you purchased are China region versions with hacked firmware.

You've been given the answers, but you resist to follow advice. Over and out.
Thank you for stating the obvious.

Francisco73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Which means @Francisco73 should probably avoid the software update that will hopefully add webrtc or hls streaming in a few months.
Blue Iris running on a dedicated windows machine would be more versatile and is easier to view from linux using UI3 than your nvr. VMS software on a dedicated linux box is an option too.

Most linux users with the level of hubris you exhibit have the skills to back it up. Sadly, you do not appear to. There are ways to make things mostly work in linux, but it's my understanding you still don't even have things working in windows on your wife's computer (rebooting the computer would be a good first step mmkay).
Yeah, I already thought that I should avoid any Dahua upgrades due to the cameras with hacked software.

Due to lack of time I have not used more than about 30 minutes on all my tests with any of the web interfaces on any OS. I did spend more time with the NVR before understanding that it is mission impossible. Nothing to add what I wrote about dual boot, dedicated Windows etc. Problem is time.