Setting up DS-7108N-SN/P with cameras

Reaction score
Howdy, I had two 2CD2032's & a 2CD2132F-IS working nicely with EZVIZ, with a DHCP assigned static IP.

Adding a DS-7108N-SN/P and some new cameras to the mix, and I can't for the life of me get them to be recognised by the NVR.
It appears to have already got 8 cameras setup, and won't let me delete them to add the others.

At one point it was recognising the other cameras on the network, but not the ones plugged into the ports on the NVR itself.
Have tried factory reset on all of them, no dice.
Read a bit about language mismatch errors, but I don't seem to be getting those - at least not that I can see...

Open to any suggestions as to where to from here... I'm sure I've just missed something obvious!

DS-7108N-SN/P V3.0.13 build 150503
DS-2CD2032-I V5.2.5 build 141201
DS-2CD2032-I V5.2.5 build 141201
DS-2CD2040WD-I V5.3.8 build 151224
DS-2CD2132F-IS V5.2.5 build 141201
DS-2CD3310D-I V5.3.0 build 150513
DS-2CD2T42WD-I5 V5.3.8 build 151224

Last edited by a moderator:

riri7707

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I assume all cams were seen from SADP first, right range, right username and PW and all activated?
The recorder also seen from SADP ?

From recorder itself, you will be able to delete and declare the cams.

In some situations, if the FW of the cam is upper to NVR delivered version, then you can have issues and you will need to upgrade the FW.

But if the devices are dedicated originally to Chineese Domestic market, you will have issues outside China, specially where most of the suppliers modified FW to export overseas and the FW are not standard, but customized.

That means, ordering directly from China, you will need to order at same initial time your cams and nvr. It will work.
But if one year later you order additional cams, you probably face issues because different firmwares delivered.

Even with official averseas versions, it's common and often necessary to upgrade the existing versions of cams and nvrs to allow latest delivery cam to work properly.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
I can see all the cameras and the NVR in SADP - the two 2032's and 2132 have been working fine just with EZVIZ (but no recording).
Recently bought the other cameras and the NVR to set up properly with recording/alerts etc.

I know the NVR is the Chinese version (as it's not "NI" model), and I believe some if not most of the cameras are too - thought I'd have no problems with them all being same, but obviously not!

Will have another play and reset everything to defaults, cheers.

riri7707

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK,
The most easy is to use PC NVR. It will always work correctly and you can mix all version cams.
HIK made it like this to protect domestic and overseas market, because different price for same product lines.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It appears to have already got 8 cameras setup, and won't let me delete them to add the others.
It sounds like you have an 8-channel NVR with 8 PoE ports, and want to add LAN-connected cameras.
To do this, as you have found you can't add or delete, you need to 'Modify' one of the PoE channels you won't be using, change the mode to Manual, and enter the details of the LAN-connected cameras.
With the 8 pre-defined channels you can mix and match PoE-connected and LAN-connected.

Reaction score
It sounds like you have an 8-channel NVR with 8 PoE ports, and want to add LAN-connected cameras.
To do this, as you have found you can't add or delete, you need to 'Modify' one of the PoE channels you won't be using, change the mode to Manual, and enter the details of the LAN-connected cameras.
With the 8 pre-defined channels you can mix and match PoE-connected and LAN-connected.
Indeed - it's the POE version. Even connecting via the ports on the NVR it doesn't seem to work. Will have another play later, am currently fiddling with the firmware for the DS-2CD3310D-I.

EDIT: Just tried what you said - set Manual with the IP address of LAN connected cameras (and user/pass) with protocol set to HIKVISION, and bingo! It works!

However, when connecting directly to POE ports, it doesn't. Should I be manually setting IP address or does the NVR handle DHCP (either through my router or its own)?

EDIT2: Well, that was short lived. The second
2CD2032 doesn't like it and will only work with ONVIF. Strange, they're both identical FW and setup.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
However, when connecting directly to POE ports, it doesn't. Should I be manually setting IP address or does the NVR handle DHCP (either through my router or its own)?
Generally, the Plug & Play mode on the PoE channels works well - except with new model cameras and firmware such as the xxx5 series.
There is nothing to stop you setting up a PoE port and camera in manual mode.
You do need to set the camera IP address to match the IP address that is being used (or that you set) on the NVR PoE port, the camera default gateway to be the IP address of the NVR PoE interface, usually 192.168.254.1
This can be conveniently be done with SADP either with the PC wired to an unused NVR PoE port (no need to alter the PC IP address) or having the camera on the LAN (powered of course).
protocol=Hikvision, port=8000, valid password etc.
And if you get 'Language mismatch' your only recourse is to use ONVIF, which will also give Language Mismatch on the NVR firmware after I think 3.3.4 where they annoyingly did region checks over ONVIF.

Reaction score
I connect the cameras directly to pc with external power source.. change passwords and assign a fixed IP address in SADP, then in the NVR config I go to "Camera management", modify one of the existing cameras to suit the IP and password and it works perfectly via PoE

Reaction score
I connect the cameras directly to pc with external power source.. change passwords and assign a fixed IP address in SADP, then in the NVR config I go to "Camera management", modify one of the existing cameras to suit the IP and password and it works perfectly via PoE
Cheers, that's pretty much where I'm headed now with the two new cameras.

Manic

n3wb
Reaction score
Bumping this thread as I'm having a similar issues.
I have recently received a DS-7108N-SN/P V3.0.18. I've configured Hikvision cameras DS-2CD3345-I V5.3.8 build 160108 when plugged in to a separate PoE switch and can get them recognised via the DS-7108N-SN/P NVR but when plugged directly they don't seem to be recognised.

Im setting them up as manual with the IP address, correct password, HIKVISION (and tried ONVIF) with no luck. The IR lights are coming on but no connection?

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Fixed - the cameras have to be on the pre-defined 192.168.254.x network which can't be modified on the firmware. They were on my home 192.168.1.x network. In addition, I had to connect to the cameras directly from my pc (i changed my pc to be on the 192.168.254.x network) and only then did the NVR detect it. That must be some sort of glitch.

Last edited: