Setting Up IP Camera (WinBook T6835) & Port Fowarding.

dsm600rr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All,

New Member here. I was given a WinBook T6835 that I am trying to set up to view externally with the IP/Port address.

My router is a ATT - NVG589.

I have my IP Cam plugged into the #1 ethernet port on my ATT Router.

Using Bonjour in Apple Safari, I am un-able to locate the IP Camera.

If i go into my router settings and set up Port Forwarding, I believe i can see the IP Cameras IP Address from the drop down of:192.168.1.222.

When i type that IP Address into my browser, nothing comes up however. Shouldn't that camera be visible through that IP?

I also show that IP Address being connected as Ethernet, and that is the only Ethernet connection on my network.

I am new to all this so i could use some guidance. I would also want to assign a static IP to the camera correct? Tips on how to do this?

BTW i am on a 2015 Apple Macbook Pro.

Thanks

dsm600rr

n3wb
Reaction score
Bit of an update. I was able to assign a Static IP & Port to the camera, however i cannot seem to get access to it outside of my network. I have tried both Nat/Gaming for port forwarding and IP passthrough. However i am not very familiar with those both on this ATT Router.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Bit of an update. I was able to assign a Static IP & Port to the camera, however i cannot seem to get access to it outside of my network. I have tried both Nat/Gaming for port forwarding and IP passthrough. However i am not very familiar with those both on this ATT Router.
Welcome to the forum! What camera are you trying to setup?

dsm600rr

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome.
<noob>I am an idiot. I was trying to connect to the camera, off my network with the cameras IP. As soon as i used my public IP it worked externally.</noob>

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If your router is assigned an IP address via DHCP by your internet provider, this address may change. I am not familiar with your router, but my Asus router provides a free built in DDNS server. You might want to look into that.