Setting up IVS tripwire...

Reaction score
Hello,

Trying to setup the IVS(tripwire) on H.view HV-500G2 camera on the Dahua NVR NVR4104-4KS2 Smart 1U Mini, none of the IVS setting are not accessible on SmartPSS application(latest Ver). Please see the picture I attached. Thank you -William

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I highly recommend, on Dahua cameras using a Dahua NVR, to make all image and Event (IVS/MD) changes on the camera itself. Let it push to the NVR on its own.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree.
I believe doing the config on the cam itself includes some features you don't get by configuring on the NVR.
And as bigredfish said, letting the cam push the config info to the NVR works flawlessly.

Reaction score
I agree.
I believe doing the config on the cam itself includes some features you don't get by configuring on the NVR.
And as bigredfish said, letting the cam push the config info to the NVR works flawlessly.
Yes, bigredfish solved my problem with the Dahua Camera's IVS issue with Dahua NVR, but now I have the H.view HV-500G2 I think it's a permission issue retrieving the config files from the H.view camera, I think the onvif is the problem with the IVS configuration setup on Dahua NVR. Thank you, -William

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, bigredfish solved my problem with the Dahua Camera's IVS issue with Dahua NVR, but now I have the H.view HV-500G2 I think it's a permission issue retrieving the config files from the H.view camera, I think the onvif is the problem with the IVS configuration setup on Dahua NVR. Thank you, -William
Not sure whether your H.View is a rebranded Dahua-with-IVS. IVS (and other AI magic stuff) is known to be not very compatible between different brands (eg Hikvision/dahua etc). Onvif is able to pass "more" intelligent stuff, but you might never be able to configure it through the NVR nor SmartPSS. My advice would be to configure your intelligence within the cam, and hope it propagates down into the NVR.

Happy Camming!
CC

Reaction score
Not sure whether your H.View is a rebranded Dahua-with-IVS. IVS (and other AI magic stuff) is known to be not very compatible between different brands (eg Hikvision/dahua etc). Onvif is able to pass "more" intelligent stuff, but you might never be able to configure it through the NVR nor SmartPSS. My advice would be to configure your intelligence within the cam, and hope it propagates down into the NVR.

Happy Camming!
CC
Please look at these setting, see if I had missed any setting. Thank you, -William

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
channel doesnt match? And I assume youve taken into accoun the http port number... I have no experience with the HD view and H.265 either...

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
does anyone know how to playback a day ago's tripwire activity in iDMSS ?
Sure, as per your original post: if you only work with camera's, you should have setup a schedule with IVS recordings in "storage", otherwise nothing to show up. Or you work, like me, with an NVR, but then you'll also require that schedule to be setup. I verified with the last iDMSS version, the IVS blocks do show-up in yellow, and I was able to playback stuff from last week.

So I suspect a configuration error at your side.

Happy camming!
CC