Setting up substreams

M119

n3wb
Reaction score
Didn't really know about blueiris before, running sighthound and ivideon which works well for its cloud features. Useless trying to view high quality though as the internet isn't quick.

Running an I5 3570k at 4.2ghz see's high cpu usage running 5 hd streams, nearly 100% sometimes.

What I'd like to do is run blue iris on another pc with the main streams, recording all the time at full resolution. Sighthound (has its own usb cameras, setup before I started playing with IP) and ivideon on another computer whilst sending the substreams to Ivideon to be viewed remotely.

Cheers

M119

n3wb
Reaction score
Think I may have worked this out. I've been playing with various software along the way, when you view the substream it shows in 4:3, I actually though I had an issue with the camera only displaying this way before, but I think another program was using the main stream at the time.

Which leads me to think the main/sub is automatic, and the main comes first?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Think I may have worked this out. I've been playing with various software along the way, when you view the substream it shows in 4:3, I actually though I had an issue with the camera only displaying this way before, but I think another program was using the main stream at the time.

Which leads me to think the main/sub is automatic, and the main comes first?
same apps (mobile) pull the substream by default....some apps display the substream in matrix and main in full screen view.
Blue iris default settings will pull the main stream.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The substream being the wrong aspect ratio is an almost universal trait of IP cameras. A very annoying, almost universal trait.