Settings for night

castlemark

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm just getting started with a Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I and a DS-2CD2732F-I running on a PC with Blue Iris software. Most nights my cameras give me a picture that's in color. Since I just started I'm playing with settings to see how the change effects the picture. Last night both camera's were showing a color picture all night. Tonight the dome camera is showing a B&W picture that looks like there's heavy fog. Not very good detail but the bullet camera shows a nice clear night in color. What settings most effect the picture I get at night?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm just getting started with a Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I and a DS-2CD2732F-I running on a PC with Blue Iris software. Most nights my cameras give me a picture that's in color. Since I just started I'm playing with settings to see how the change effects the picture. Last night both camera's were showing a color picture all night. Tonight the dome camera is showing a B&W picture that looks like there's heavy fog. Not very good detail but the bullet camera shows a nice clear night in color. What settings most effect the picture I get at night?
The fog is ir reflection due to improper installation..this occurs only with IR on...see this pdf...
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/1177-Hikvision-Foggy-as-***?p=10194&viewfull=1#post10194
If you have sufficient lighting at night...set the camera to day mode...