Shortcut for next and previous camera when viewing a camera in UI3

pcam

n3wb
Reaction score
I loved the feature in UI2 where you could maximize a single camera and then press the left and right arrow keys to go to the previous and next camera in the interface. It provided a very easy way to scan all cameras at a higher resolution than thumbnail quickly.

I haven't seen how to do this in UI3, and the arrow keys control the PTZ for the cameras that have it, so this doesn't work anymore.

Is there such a shortcut in UI3?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I loved the feature in UI2 where you could maximize a single camera and then press the left and right arrow keys to go to the previous and next camera in the interface. It provided a very easy way to scan all cameras at a higher resolution than thumbnail quickly.

I haven't seen how to do this in UI3, and the arrow keys control the PTZ for the cameras that have it, so this doesn't work anymore.

Is there such a shortcut in UI3?
Use <> period/comma keys. You can also assign this function to any key using the UI settings.

pcam

n3wb
Reaction score
Brilliant! Any idea where stuff like this is documented? I'd love to learn more about these type of shortcuts. I do see the github help stuff, but that is pretty thin.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Brilliant! Any idea where stuff like this is documented? I'd love to learn more about these type of shortcuts. I do see the github help stuff, but that is pretty thin.

I edited the above post. See ui settings where you can assign this function to any key (back to arrow keys if you prefer) as well as see the other shortcuts.