Shots Fired

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah I am very happy with my opensprinkler system, it being internet connected is nice because it has access to real weather stations and overall thats cheaper than operating my own.. plus it makes working on sprinklers much easier when you can control the relays from in the yard.

washing machine just tells me when its done so I dont get too high and forget about wet clothes in the basement.. it wont do anything else, not even fold clothes the stupid thing.

Zeddy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you noticed that the opensprinkler web interface isn't actually hosted on the device itself? The GUI goes out to the rayshobby website.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the webui is on the device its self, but if you enable the opensprinkler cloud service it will tunnel out to ray's website.. and thats just proxying them.

just checked mine, it did not make any attempt to load anything outside of my network..

Zeddy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm running 2.1.4 on opensprinker hardware, what firmware are you running? The only thing I see related to cloud could be the option "opensprinkler.com login" button. Reading the help files it just looks like it cloud allows you to operate from anywhere without port forwards, but the GUI is still generated via scripts on opensprinkler.com

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
2.1.6, im running the beagleBone version that I installed on my own Debian image.. if your running the base hardware it might be different, probably dont have enough resources to host the webui.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thats why they wear white on their wedding day; so the dishwasher will match the fridge and stove.. /rimshot