Should I be concerned about these temperatures?

KuJoe

n3wb
Reaction score
So thanks to this forum I was able to unbrick two of my Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I cameras and I had them running in my laundry room for the day so I can make sure they're running stable. The GUI was kind of sluggish so I pulled them out to connect directly to my laptop and noticed they were extremely hot to the touch, I pulled out my laser thermometer and they're both registering at right around 108F (42.2C) on the case, is this normal? Should I be concerned? I've never actually handled an IP camera after it's been in use so I don't know what to expect and a quick search online showed various answers. Thanks.

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What was the ambient temperature?

And was it dark in the environment, such that the IR LEDs would have been on?
This adds quite a bit to the power consumption, in fact more than doubles it.
Quite true. The cam in my garage operates on IR 99% of the time. It is noticeably warmer to the touch than my outdoor cams.

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For the DS-2CD2032-I:
upload_2019-4-21_22-53-59.png

Not a concern at present temps, but keep an eye on them.

KuJoe

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for all the responses! Yes, the IR was on the whole time which I never considered. I feel much better knowing the temp ranges these camera can handle safely. Now I can go put these camera on Craigslist or eBay. :)

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your post did make me think - what are my cam's temps going to be in the 100 degree summer in my garage? Guess I'll keep an eye on them as Stewart suggested.