Should I Lechange?

cnitty76

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you feel one or both of the Lechange NVR's kits at Frys Fry's Electronics |
are a upgrade to my current unit below?
I only need a four camera system which I have now I'm only purchasing this new system to upgrade what I have and giving the unneeded equipment to my mother for her home.
If the 8 or 16ch is a better NVR I would just have to sale the four new extra cameras.
SavvyTech - 4K 8CH 1U NVR w/8POE 200Mbps, HDMI/VGA, 8ch Alarm, 2SATA

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you feel one or both of the Lechange NVR's kits at Frys Fry's Electronics |
are a upgrade to my current unit below?
I only need a four camera system which I have now I'm only purchasing this new system to upgrade what I have and giving the unneeded equipment to my mother for her home.
If the 8 or 16ch is a better NVR I would just have to sale the four new extra cameras.
SavvyTech - 4K 8CH 1U NVR w/8POE 200Mbps, HDMI/VGA, 8ch Alarm, 2SATA
Welcome Cnitty76,

Looking at what SavvyTech is selling, the products appear to be decent Dahua OEM

Here's the spec sheet on the NVR - decent 8 port NVR

iirc - I thought it was not able to 8MP cameras .. on closer look at the specs, under recording it states it can, and has a 200Mbps capacity.

Good!

I did not see IVS support noted in the spec sheet. SO you will want to check that.

I personally do like a 16 port version more compared to the 8 port NVR as it has more power.

Of course, many people really like the i5/i7 w/Blue Iris option here. So that is also worth considering ( most affordable route is a used i5/i7 newer gen system w/Windows OS )

So, what to get?

1) You can get more cameras for the current system.
2) You can get the 16 port kit w/8 cameras and transition your current kit to your mother's home

cnitty76

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome Cnitty76,

Looking at what SavvyTech is selling, the products appear to be decent Dahua OEM

Here's the spec sheet on the NVR - decent 8 port NVR

iirc - I thought it was not able to 8MP cameras .. on closer look at the specs, under recording it states it can, and has a 200Mbps capacity.

Good!

I did not see IVS support noted in the spec sheet. SO you will want to check that.

I personally do like a 16 port version more compared to the 8 port NVR as it has more power.

Of course, many people really like the i5/i7 w/Blue Iris option here. So that is also worth considering ( most affordable route is a used i5/i7 newer gen system w/Windows OS )

So, what to get?

1) You can get more cameras for the current system.
2) You can get the 16 port kit w/8 cameras and transition your current kit to your mother's home
Can I use gdmss lite with the new kit?

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why not just get the Dahua pro series NVR from Andy with a couple of the same cameras. Price shouldn’t be that much different and Andy is great at getting updates out and standing behind his products.
Just my .02 cents

cnitty76

n3wb
Reaction score
Why not just get the Dahua pro series NVR from Andy with a couple of the same cameras. Price shouldn’t be that much different and Andy is great at getting updates out and standing behind his products.
Just my .02 cents
How can I find prices and purchase?

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here on the vendor forums “Empiretech Andy”
Send him an email he responds fairly quick with prices and recommendations.