Should I move this camera up?

Reaction score
I have a driveway camera that is catching the roof line in the shot and I believe its throwing off the exposure... but It is my best chance at getting a face id with its low angle.

How much a of a problem do you think the blow out is?

Last edited:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you move it up you’re not going to be able to get a good angle on a persons face. I would leave it where it is, or use a tighter alert if you move it up you’re not going to be able to get a good angle on a persons face. I would leave it where it is.

Reaction score
Cool thanks guys. The cameras are just screwed into the brick work right now but putting in conduit and boxes in a week... Want to make sure I'm happy with placement before then

Reaction score
Also would like to disable the leds on this camera and get a remote located ir light... The insects at night set off the motion sensor continuously... But I'm not sure the software will let me do that easily

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Many cameras allow you to disable IR, check to see if yours does, then mount an external IR illuminator just off to the right side.

Reaction score
after some research and trying to break into the camera. It appears the only way i can do it is to pull the LED board connector.. I will say that the LOREX Software is 90's quality at best. I've been finding their software very clunky and no polish

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
after some research and trying to break into the camera. It appears the only way i can do it is to pull the LED board connector.. I will say that the LOREX Software is 90's quality at best. I've been finding their software very clunky and no polish
LOL, 90s... I recall macintoshes OSes crashing when the browser would hiccup, and MS windows crashing with simple "ping of death"... so to me while the UI is not so pretty - it is very stable and functional