Should the housing feel warm to the touch?

T3CH hungry

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I recently purchased a IPC-HDW5831R-ZE on Aliexpress and of course it doesn't have the dahua name on it and the model number on the label is IPC-HDW5831RN-ZE. Also the MAC address on the label doesn't match either.
I have it sitting on my desk setting it up and checking it out since this is the first IP Cam I have ever used.

I'm noticing that the housing becomes warm to the touch after a short time.
Also my video quality doesn't seem to be as good as video reviews or screen shorts i've seen but I'm not sure if that due to setting or my set up.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I recently purchased a IPC-HDW5831R-ZE on Aliexpress and of course it doesn't have the dahua name on it and the model number on the label is IPC-HDW5831RN-ZE. Also the MAC address on the label doesn't match either.
I have it sitting on my desk setting it up and checking it out since this is the first IP Cam I have ever used.

Also my video quality doesn't seem to be as good as video reviews or screen shorts i've seen but I'm not sure if that due to setting or my set up.
Hi tech,

Yes, you can expect electronics sealed in housings to warm the housing up.

This is a big advantage of a metal housing is that it will help cool the electronics by acting as a heat sink.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Most cameras require being adjusted for their environment for best results. Lots of variables involved..