Should unbranded Dahua NVR’s and ip cams be plug and play with branded Dahua equipment?

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Generally are unbranded Dahua NVR’s plug and play with unbranded ip cameras?
I am referring to equipment from places like Nelly’s or Security camera King or Linovision.

Thanks,
Tubac

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am referring to equipment from places like Nelly’s or Security camera King or Linovision.

Thanks,
Tubac
Hi Tubac,

Sometimes rebranded Dahua OEM cameras are plug and play with Dahua's OEM NVR.

However, I would not plan for that as just a few changes can stop them from being plug and play, thus

Basically plan to sync the following info between the camera and the channel on the NVR
1) IP address and port
2) Username and password
3) and video substream info

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi Tubac,

Sometimes rebranded Dahua OEM cameras are plug and play with Dahua's OEM NVR.

However, I would not plan for that as just a few changes can stop them from being plug and play, thus

Basically plan to sync the following info between the camera and the channel on the NVR
1) IP address and port
2) Username and password
3) and video substream info
Thank you for the reply!

So if plug and play does not work, change the ip of the camera to conform to the NVR using the config tool, chose a user and password and add the video sub stream info? I don’t want to go Onvif because I might lose some functionality. Am I missing something?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply!

So if plug and play does not work, change the ip of the camera to conform to the NVR using the config tool, chose a user and password and add the video sub stream info? I don’t want to go Onvif because I might lose some functionality. Am I missing something?
Thats the basics.. if a Dahua OEM NVR and Dahua OEM camera they should be able to communicate with each other using the Dahua APIs. So should not need to configure as ONVIF imho

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score

Thanks,
Tubac
I cannot speak for those other companies you listed, but Nelleys does not sell any Dahua products anymore rebranded or New, Anything you got from them would have to be Onvif, They are using Uniview, Hik and they have their own R series brand(Goswift), I have tested all three with Dahua NVR's and They work well on record and motion but thats it.