Sighthound Redactor 3.0

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sighthound has released Redactor 3.0. It is available as a plugin for their cloud services or standalone (linux/windows). This allows redaction of Faces and other objects like cars and license plates for regulation compliance such as GDPR.

Sighthound Redactor

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Do these regulations actually stipulate that identifying characteristics must not be recorded? Or is it just something that is supposed to be done before sharing images or video publicly?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Do these regulations actually stipulate that identifying characteristics must not be recorded? Or is it just something that is supposed to be done before sharing images or video publicly?
You can certainly record full face non-blurred images. Otherwise the recording would be almost useless. There are requirements for secure storage and disclosures. The blurring is required if the video is shared/published. So for example if there you request footage of yourself for whatever reason, and others are present in the video, they would have to be blurred. There are also other use cases for patients in medical facilities etc.
This is not something the average user here cares about, though there was a post recently where someone wanted something similar. Camera that doesnt idintify the person in picture?

Last edited:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks pretty cool, wonder if it's on Ken's radar, although I doubt it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks pretty cool, wonder if it's on Ken's radar, although I doubt it.
Doubtful, this takes lots of work. Sighthound spent serious money/dev time on the face/person/object recognition. I dont think he is capable of something like that on his own and more importantly, its of little use to his base.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
still waiting for the new software, but looks like its will be January for it to launch.