Sighthound Video 6 Info....

lifeatredline

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking around the sighthound website at all the AI development projects was fairly impressive. I downloaded the demo of sighthound video which I think was the pro version during trial period to throw an extra camera on for kicks. I kept looking for options and configurations but came to the conclusion it's very opposite of the extensive tuning and configuration blue iris allows. Next step was uninstalling it, and staring at my blue iris wishing sentry was integrated and running on my server locally.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking around the sighthound website at all the AI development projects was fairly impressive. I downloaded the demo of sighthound video which I think was the pro version during trial period to throw an extra camera on for kicks. I kept looking for options and configurations but came to the conclusion it's very opposite of the extensive tuning and configuration blue iris allows. Next step was uninstalling it, and staring at my blue iris wishing sentry was integrated and running on my server locally.
Their AI in v5 is iffy and not great. As stated, there lack basic options like disabling cams by profile/schedule, custom alert setups etc Heck they didnt even have an all camera matrix view until I think feb 2017. No basic support for h265.
However, if v6 is anything like promised, the AI should be much better and local which is a big plus.