Sighthound Video VMS 6.0 Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Sighthound' started by fenderman, Nov 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

Sighthound has been working on video analytics since at lease 2013 when it acquired Vitamin D. The current version (5) (priced at 250) promises people detection to eliminate false alarms. This has not been very accurate according to users on their forum. The vms itself has limited basic functionally such as not being able to easily disable alerts when you are home. (other basic functions were recently added like allowing a matrix camera view).

Sighthound has been spending millions working on its cloud API. This promises face recognition, vehicle make model and plate recognition and more. Face Recognition, Vehicle Recognition, Face Detection & Person Detection API'

The cloud API is NOT integrated in version 5 of the VMS. However, the folks at Sighthound have indicated that Version 6.0 is coming soon and will have its Computer Vision platform integrated. There is no indication of the pricing model, however, if its anything close to the current model, it will allow end users to have some powerful analytic tools at their disposal. The real question is how accurate will it be.

A linux version should also be available.

flynreelow and aristobrat like this.
  2. colmcille

colmcille Getting the hang of it

Sounds good if it works as intended. Thank you for the head's up.

3. flynreelow

flynreelow Getting the hang of it

When did we get a Sighthound Forum? Ive been using their software since the Vitamin D days as I have a mac.

I enjoy it, and i think its only getting better.

4. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

We recently added it. Considering that Sighthound appears to be doing away with its forum, it should be useful.

5. flynreelow

yes, my thoughts exactly. their forum wasnt very active, but would help in certain situations. They say they are going to be more active on facebook and twitter, which isnt the same as a nice forum. do u have any insider info on when the 6.0 is comming out. I thought they had said 4th Q of this year... but not sure....

but glad its here, i thought i was the only one here that uses this software.

6. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

I don't have any info other than what was posted publicly.
    The issue with sighthound is that it's designed for simplicity which is very limiting for many.

7. flynreelow

i agree, but feel their motion detection is pretty spot on. never understood people needing more than cross line intrusion, doorway opening/closing, and the ability to mask out certain parts of the viewable image (trees, street, etc)

8. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

There are lots of folks stating that the people detection is not accurate. More importantly if you can't easily disable alerts it makes the whole thing a bit worthless.