Signal noise or camera problem?

hotbrass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had one cam start doing this and was doing it frequently but now seems to be calming down. Now I noticed another cam has started which leaves me to believe it may not be a camera isssue. Possibly a network issue?

I changed out the cables and rebooted everything including my router and switches. Still getting this artifacting. FrontYard.20191228_150102_757147.jpg

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1)What type of cameras ?
2)What version of BI ?
3) What is the frame rate / Iframe / Bit rate ?
4) what is camera resolution ?
5) are you using Intel hardware acceleration ? If so turn it off and see hat happens

This is not a new problem, it was reported within the last month, But I can not remember the answer or if there was an answer ?

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Eliminate BI, test using cam web page to check Switch -> Cable -> Cam chain. If same issue, bench test cam.
Can also compare web page feed to BI feed to help narrow problem.

hotbrass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Eliminate BI, test using cam web page to check Switch -> Cable -> Cam chain. If same issue, bench test cam.
Can also compare web page feed to BI feed to help narrow problem.
Yes, after doing a lot of stuff I have concluded that it is a signal problem and not camera or BI. I am going to replace long runs with cat 6. Not real sure if that is the entire problem but I have the a lot of a 300' spool left and the runs are not that long. Will do that tomorrow and hope it helps. I would be interested to find out what the solution was for the post that SouthernYankee mentioned.