Simple Sceduling of 1 Camera

Reaction score
HI. I'm new to Blue Iris and I want to do something that for other software / devices that do recording is fairly simple but I can't seem to unwind the BI concepts of recording.

I have 3 cameras. I want 1 camera to record everyday from 6 am to 6 pm automatically. It can be continuous or 1 r 2 frames per second but I don't want any other cameras to record.

I know this should be straightforward but I just can't seem to root it out.

Is there a thread someone can point me to that can simplify the BI way of doing this ?

THNX in advance
eric

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
HI. I'm new to Blue Iris and I want to do something that for other software / devices that do recording is fairly simple but I can't seem to unwind the BI concepts of recording.

I have 3 cameras. I want 1 camera to record everyday from 6 am to 6 pm automatically. It can be continuous or 1 r 2 frames per second but I don't want any other cameras to record.

I know this should be straightforward but I just can't seem to root it out.

Is there a thread someone can point me to that can simplify the BI way of doing this ?

THNX in advance
eric
Welcome to the forum.
Its simple, assuming you dont want the other cameras to record anything, setup a profile with recording disabled on the cams you dont want to record. For the camera you which to record simple select continuous recording in the record tab. Remember that record settings are profile specific. Now draw that profile in the global schedule. You will need to setup another profile for times other than 6am to 6pm and tell blue iris what to do.

Also see the blue iris help file which explains how to setup profiles.

Reaction score
Fenderman. I believe that has worked. I will know more tomorrow!

thnx for you help - Most appreciated !
Eric