Simple to Order from Andy

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here. Been reading and following all sorts of threads, the WIKI, etc, for several weeks now. Never had a reason to post until now.

I finally decided to purchase a Dahau IPC-HDW5231R-ZE from Andy. Sent him an email asking what waterproof box and what wall bracket went with that camera and if I should order through AliExpress or Amazon store front. In less than 5 minutes he sends me back an email and says we have all these in stock and these are the prices and can ship today and you will get it Monday. So off to PayPal I went and the whole thing was done in less than 10 more minuets!

Thanks Andy. That was painless.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here. Been reading and following all sorts of threads, the WIKI, etc, for several weeks now. Never had a reason to post until now.

I finally decided to purchase a Dahau IPC-HDW5231R-ZE from Andy. Sent him an email asking what waterproof box and what wall bracket went with that camera and if I should order through AliExpress or Amazon store front. In less than 5 minutes he sends me back an email and says we have all these in stock and these are the prices and can ship today and you will get it Monday. So off to PayPal I went and the whole thing was done in less than 10 more minuets!

Thanks Andy. That was painless.
Yes, buddy, i am trying to make as simple as we can, send emails to me we can talk about the selections for the cams and brackets, better to send me some photos about the using area. later i will add cables online for selling, seems dahua also sell cables now, price not bad. I am trying to make the purchasing all in one time. And we keep a big stock to make sure all orders processed the same day orders made.
As my idea is to buy a stable system is the most important ,so can add the cams to the systems step by step, no need to do all in one time if budget is limited and also lack of experience. Because sometimes some good new ones coming out, so can use the latest new tech to the system. Most cams bought from us i think can use 3-4 years without problem if maintenance them well. And we can help fixing up it within 2 years, so each day cost 1-1.5usd for the security, i think still a good deal, lol.

Reaction score
As a follow-up: Received the shipment as promised by Andy on Monday. Absolutely no damage as everything was packed nicely.

Just need some time to test it out. This is the first IP camera that I have bought. Been looking through the WIKI and Cliff Notes, etc to try and understand how to test this out. I bought one IPC-HDW5231R-ZE as a test for placement and coverage. Also for testing out my network. I still have a lot to learn.

Will let you all know how it goes when I get the time. Thanks
Bob

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
As a follow-up: Received the shipment as promised by Andy on Monday. Absolutely no damage as everything was packed nicely.

Just need some time to test it out. This is the first IP camera that I have bought. Been looking through the WIKI and Cliff Notes, etc to try and understand how to test this out. I bought one IPC-HDW5231R-ZE as a test for placement and coverage. Also for testing out my network. I still have a lot to learn.

Will let you all know how it goes when I get the time. Thanks
Bob
Shipping to US via DHL has the best speed, just some remote area, they send via the 3rd party company, but a very very seldom, after picking up at HONGKONG and within 48 hours delivered.

Reaction score
Follow up. Finally figured out how to initialize and configure the camera. Would have gotten to it sooner, but life gets in the way. Made a post to mount camera on at the proper height for the few places I wanted to test this on my driveway. I purchased this one first to get some time with it and understand how it will image in different locations prior to buying the rest.

So today I tried out the driveway locations. This being my first real attempt with quality equipment, I had a few possible locations in front of the garage I could place this. Right side or center. I am leaning towards the right side. Seems to give me the best view of driveway and front yard. Is fairly inconspicuous where it would be mounted. Not real obvious from the street. Can see license plates in both day and night and good facial at reasonable distance.

I am very happy with this camera, IPC-HDW5231R-ZE. Next to test it in my other possible locations, the back and side yards.

See screen grabs, one is day, the other at night. Positions and zooms are a little different. I have lots of lights along the front.

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most of the time it's best for two cams at the garage. One on each side of the doors with over lapping views.