Simplest way to record 1 camera 24/7 and also have motion detection alerts?

davem

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

As title, I've recently decided to change my camera to 24/7 recording with motion detection alerts.

I have 2 profiles (daytime and nighttime with different sensitivity settings for motion)

I've set the config in the 'Record' tab up as follows for both profiles:

and the 'Trigger' tab like this:

and In Blue Iris it appears to be working as it should (alert clip list shows 15 second alert clip from last detection), but when I try to play it I get a full 20 min file??

(Please excuse the terrible image quality on the camera)

davem

n3wb
Reaction score
Blue Iris treats alerts more like bookmarks than as distinct begin/end sections of a clip.
Surely the 'Cut Video.....' option would actually cut the video? Also... nothing has changed but my last few alerts have worked as you would expect.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I would think so, it should cut the video. Though I'm not certain how the 10 sec break time you have set there would affect things. That break time field was added a few months ago so that people doing motion recording could have Blue Iris merge together clips that are triggered within that many seconds of the end of the previous clip.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The reason your circled alert appears to be nearly 20 minutes long is because no other alert happened afterward so the clip continued until the time it was normally scheduled to be cut. The "Cut video" option doesn't cut your clip at the end of the alert; it cuts your clip at the start of the alert I guess.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The reason your circled alert appears to be nearly 20 minutes long is because no other alert happened afterward so the clip continued until the time it was normally scheduled to be cut. The "Cut video" option doesn't cut your clip at the end of the alert; it cuts your clip at the start of the alert I guess.
The clip is not actually 20 min of video..its cut..the issue is that if you are using combine and cut, it will not show as cut on the time line....