Simply the best quality of night for a budget under 200$

Reaction score
Hello, I wish to have a new DAHUA cam with simply the best quality of night without breaking my head.
POE + ideally varifocal + THE BEST night vision... for a budget under 200$ :)

Does a Dahua cam have the consensus of everyone?

Photo in front of my house at night with my current camera dahua IPC-HDBW4421R-AS 2.8mm, 4 megapixel, 0,01Lux/F2.0

Attachments

Rebelx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Following.

My understanding is that the 4mp starlight model might be the go. Looney did a review of it.

OT: Have you got someone approaching from the left covered? It might be that the cam is slightly too high? Also consider external IR cross illumination in that area. That will allow you to increase the shutter speed to capture motion better at night.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
x2 on the new 5442 4MP "Starlight+" models that came out over the summer. There is a dome and bullet that is varifocal, but like @mikeynags mentioned, no varifocal turret yet.

Here's the varifocal dome on Andy's (@EMPIRETECANDY) AliExpress site:
US $207.79 6% OFF|New Model IPC D5442E ZE 4MP WDR IR Dome AI Network Camera IPC D5442E ZE , free DHL shipping-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on AliExpress - 11.11_Double 11_Singles' Day

Haven't seen a review for it yet but it should be close to the varifocal bullet reviewed here:
Review - OEM IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP AI Varifocal Bullet Camera With Starlight+

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Poli69

You need to post a dark night video with a person moving quickly across the filed of view.

The video or steam you posted is nearly useless.

also post the full specs on the camera.