Simulacrum's Security

Simulacrum

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using low-cost cameras IPC-HDW4431C-A alongside a NVR4108-P-4KS2. There was little talk about either of these products on this forum however both being top-selling and top-rated Dahua products on AliExpress I pulled the trigger.

Two cameras are positioned "crossing swords" for a wide view covering the front of the property. I am considering upgrading these to IPC-HDW5231R-Z at some point in the future.

The cameras are mounted using DH-PFB203W brackets and have 2.8mm lenses.

Image quality is excellent, during both day and night.

Once I have completed network cabling on that side of the property, I intend to install a VTO2000A for additional coverage of the front pathway and of course intercom functionality.

A month on from the installation, I have been extremely impressed with the quality, reliability and functionality of both the cameras and the NVR. What can be achieved with a relatively low budget is surprising.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am using low-cost cameras IPC-HDW4431C-A alongside a NVR4108-P-4KS2. There was little talk about either of these products on this forum however both being top-selling and top-rated Dahua products on AliExpress I pulled the trigger.

Two cameras are positioned "crossing swords" for a wide view covering the front of the property. I am considering upgrading these to IPC-HDW5231R-Z at some point in the future.

The cameras are mounted using DH-PFB203W brackets and have 2.8mm lenses.

Image quality is excellent, during both day and night.

Once I have completed network cabling on that side of the property, I intend to install a VTO2000A for additional coverage of the front pathway and of course intercom functionality.

A month on from the installation, I have been extremely impressed with the quality, reliability and functionality of both the cameras and the NVR. What can be achieved with a relatively low budget is surprising.
fyi, there are multiple discussions on both of these products on the forum...a google search of the camera results in a first place placement on this site. Note avoid those and any other hacked china region cameras in the future...the low light and night image is horrible compared to a 5231