Since I installed Blue Iris entire PC is hanging/freezing 2 times a day.

Bayview

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Since I installed and bought Blue Iris a few days ago my PC (NUC, I&, 32GB, SSD) keeps hanging freezing at least 2x a day.
I suspect this started happening when I bought the product and entered the license key but not 100% sure.

I looked in the event log but also didn't find anything suspicious.

I completely rebuild my device (Win10 1803) but after installing Blue Iris it started doing exactly the same thing.

Anyone any hints?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

Since I installed and bought Blue Iris a few days ago my PC (NUC, I&, 32GB, SSD) keeps hanging freezing at least 2x a day.
I suspect this started happening when I bought the product and entered the license key but not 100% sure.

I looked in the event log but also didn't find anything suspicious.

I completely rebuild my device (Win10 1803) but after installing Blue Iris it started doing exactly the same thing.

Anyone any hints?
See the threads and Wiki on memory leak...

Bayview

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I did, installed 4664 and configured GPO not to update. However, no luck! Especially after I leave my PC and come back it hangs and I have to give a hard reboot.

upload_2018-6-5_10-6-15.png

Bayview

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, but my device just hung again and CPU was around 50% when it hung. I couldn't do anything the fan of the NUC kept blowing.
This device is a new NUC i7 with 32Mb Mem with Windows 10 1803 newly installed.

Bayview

n3wb
Reaction score
BI is crashing now every hour. I can't work like this and BI is of no use to me like this. I'm installing it on a VM and see if that will fix it.

Bayview

n3wb
Reaction score
No it doesn't fix it. The VM requires almost all processor power to work and video is shoppy. Would be great if we have a solution for this.

Bayview

n3wb
Reaction score
I optimized BI CPU usage as described in the Wiki and up till now I'm running 4 hours without freezing the device, with an average cpu use by BI of 15%. Fingers crossed.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It is hard, often impossible, to get hardware acceleration (which is important) working in a VM.

If you've already wiped and reinstalled fresh, it could be that your NUC is simply unstable and the heavy load of Blue Iris really brings that out. Sometimes this could be caused by a bad driver. Sometimes by bad hardware.

Bayview

n3wb
Reaction score
Bad hardware? Hmm, this NUC with i7 (over $1000) is almost brand new several months old! It has been working great with quite some load. Until I installed BI on it, I never had a single problem. Is there anything I can do to test the hardware? I can't just buy another one because BI is not working on this one.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Bad hardware? Hmm, this NUC with i7 (over $1000) is almost brand new several months old! It has been working great with quite some load. Until I installed BI on it, I never had a single problem. Is there anything I can do to test the hardware? I can't just buy another one because BI is not working on this one.
Paying $1,000 for a blue iris server was a mistake.. using a Nuc is another one...
If your memory is creeping up then you have a memory leak.. the amount you paid for a system or how new it is does not mean that there's no Hardware issue... That said it's a likely memory leak or driver

sc2001hd

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you ever find a solution? I am have the same problem with my NUC. Brand new and the only program on it. Tried contacting the developer, no response.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you ever find a solution? I am have the same problem with my NUC. Brand new and the only program on it. Tried contacting the developer, no response.
First install a completely clean copy of windows using the windows media creation tool from Microsoft. Then Ensure you have the updated until driver. You don’t provide enough detail to give you any other suggestions

sc2001hd

n3wb
Reaction score
This is a brand new machine, fresh window install, no other programs have been loaded on the machine, running BI V5. Windows and drives are all up to date. 7 cameras NUC i7 8G of ram, 256 ssid and 1 T hard drive.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a brand new machine, fresh window install, no other programs have been loaded on the machine, running BI V5. Windows and drives are all up to date. 7 cameras NUC i7 8G of ram, 256 ssid and 1 T hard drive.
i7 is a meaningless term. What i7?
How many cameras, frame rates, resulution... When does it freeze, after a few hours, right away?

sc2001hd

n3wb
Reaction score
Intel i7-7567U 3.5GHz, 8GB DDR4, 128GB SSD Plus 1TB HDD. It writes direct to disk, freezing is random. 7 cameras set at a max rate of 454546(22 fps)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Intel i7-7567U 3.5GHz, 8GB DDR4, 128GB SSD Plus 1TB HDD. It writes direct to disk, freezing is random. 7 cameras set at a max rate of 454546(22 fps)
what are the camera resolution. What is your cpu consumption? Is the memory usage steadily rising?