Single cam freeze???

bucko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I run BI4 (server mode)on a WIn 7 64 with 5 IP cams (hardwire)

Since upgrading to BI 4, one of my cams just freezes up showing a static pic (not greenscreen). Not recording or doing anything.

I can log in directly from my PC to the cam and it is up and working fine. Even if I connect to it with my iPad using a third party app, it is fine. The cam date is synced and correct.

ONLY in BI does this cam freeze. The other 4 cams are all normal. It is always this one. Once I open camera properties and click ok, the cam is back up normal. Then within 30 min to 1 hour, it freezes again.

I have deleted and re added it, and also loaded my backup reg file. I cannot get it working stable in BI.

I've been running BI for 3 years, and only since upgrading has this problem come up.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I run BI4 (server mode)on a WIn 7 64 with 5 IP cams (hardwire)

Since upgrading to BI 4, one of my cams just freezes up showing a static pic (not greenscreen). Not recording or doing anything.

I can log in directly from my PC to the cam and it is up and working fine. Even if I connect to it with my iPad using a third party app, it is fine. The cam date is synced and correct.

ONLY in BI does this cam freeze. The other 4 cams are all normal. It is always this one. Once I open camera properties and click ok, the cam is back up normal. Then within 30 min to 1 hour, it freezes again.

I have deleted and re added it, and also loaded my backup reg file. I cannot get it working stable in BI.

I've been running BI for 3 years, and only since upgrading has this problem come up.
What camera? which model?
Try deleting the camera and readding it..increase the receive buffer to 20mb (video tab, configure) in the meantime you can setup the watchdog to restart the connection after the freeze.

bucko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It is a IPUX ICS2330. I already deleted it and re added.

What does the recv buffer do? THe default is 1.5 and I never changed this before. Should all my cams be set on 20?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It is a IPUX ICS2330. I already deleted it and re added.

What does the recv buffer do? THe default is 1.5 and I never changed this before. Should all my cams be set on 20?
I set all mine at 20...It has resolved lots of dropped signal issues. The default in version 4 has gone up to 3mb..try 20 and see if it helps.

bucko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So Far so good. I think that did it....thank you.