Sloped eave mount for DS-2CD2332

happifella

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone

New IP Camera enthusiast here and I have purchased a Hikvision DS-2CD2332. I have sloped eaves (with a lip) on my house so I am looking for a sloped mount for the 2332 such as this one: http://www.nellyssecurity.com/accessories/mounts-brackets/hikvision-1259zj-angled-wedge-mount-for-hikvision-2cd2132-i-3mp-dome-camera.html

Does anyone know if this mount will work with the DS-2CD2332 or if there is another one that would?

Thanks!

Attachments

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You shouldn't need it. The camera is three axis meaning you can mount it to anything and adjust it to be level. I've mounted these on several sloped eaves and there is no problem. These are my favorite cams to install!

jordanb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Depending on how much of a slope your eaves are you will have a problem as you won't be able to angle the camera up enough, nearly made the mistake on an install recently, luckily spotted it before drilling and relocated.

happifella

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately due to the slope of the soffit one is needed to get a clear shot of the area I want to cover.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can you post a photo of the slope?

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You should contact @RyanODan from Nelly's on the forum here and see what he says about that mount.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bow94z

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
These are hard to find for the turret model. I have one on a turrret to help space it lower than the gutter because of it reflection.
Google Hikvision ABT-1

i have attached a pic of the turret attached to the ABT-1 mount

Attachments

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
LTS (milkisbad) has them in their catalog.

Bow94z

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That is plastic and is for the Dome, not the turret

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Shoot milkisbad a message. He can prob get what you need.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Since dome and turret is about the same size, it should work, worst case scenario might have to drill additional holes. Btw, cheaper at Ali http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hikvision-camera-bracket-DS-1259ZJ-for-mini-DOME-ceiling-mounting-Camera-s-Bracket/2046659273.html, but of course it comes with Chinese language manual and possibly will require a hack to fit eaves in the US roofs.
It won't fit. They're not the same size. You need the ABT-1 bracket. Get from milkisbad if you are US as they aren't easy to source.

happifella

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Bow94z. I found the specs on the Ltb349 yesterday and the diameter of the mount is smaller than the base of the 2332 so I don't think it will work. Looks like the ABT-1 is the one to use for sloped soffits.