Slow at loading while remote

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have GB internet with a 40Mbps upload

when I'm away BI app takes awhile to initialize before an image will show up, typically 5 seconds or more. Doesn't sound like much but when you're you only got split seconds to see who's at the door that's a long time.

Not my phone internet speeds either, Takes a long time to load when I get 300mbps on 5g.

In contrast I also have Tinycam pro and it loads up instantly so fast that I have to look at the time to make sure it's moving and not a still image. I prefer to stay with BI for the notifications and everything else along with it.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I have my machines BI Web server on a Century link wifi with like a 8Mbps outbound over Wifi....
and an iphone Xr on Verizon with shitty cell service ( 3 bars) and mine load fast enough to see which Delivery truck is banging on the intercom for a delivery...
Probably 3 seconds....

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
When I'm at home my phone can view the Condo Web server with a my Verizon 5G 292 Mbps wifi .....It loads 19 cams in a less than 5 sec.
When I'm at work ( shitty 3 bars) and try and View the Home BI Web server, I'm surrounded by concrete, and have drop out areas in the building....but it still will get me the cameras if I move to a door or a window...But my use case scenario is probably different than yours....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have GB internet with a 40Mbps upload

when I'm away BI app takes awhile to initialize before an image will show up, typically 5 seconds or more. Doesn't sound like much but when you're you only got split seconds to see who's at the door that's a long time.

Not my phone internet speeds either, Takes a long time to load when I get 300mbps on 5g.

In contrast I also have Tinycam pro and it loads up instantly so fast that I have to look at the time to make sure it's moving and not a still image. I prefer to stay with BI for the notifications and everything else along with it.
This is abnormal. It should take less than a second. Is tinycam streaming direct from the camera or from BI? Does BI load quickly while you are at home?

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
tinycam streams from BI. When I'm on my home wifi it takes no more than 2 seconds. Just tested now, when I turn off WiFi it took almost 30 seconds to load and often time wouldn't even load at all just stuck at loading. Cleared the cache for BI app and it finally load but still took almost 25 seconds before I see any images. My LTE speed at home isn't that great, getting about 10 down and 4 up.

When I access it through my phone web browser on LTE it loads in about 2 seconds.