slow FPS

FIN13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi - I have my settings for 30 fps but the camera status shows .10 fps or around there. I have under 20% CPU usage. The video recording is jerky when it used to be smooth. Do I need to change the channel on my router or get more upload from my isp, or something with my settings?

Thanks !

FIN13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
my download speed is 15.9 and upload is 1.06. I am using blue iris to record remotely at work - my cams are at home and my work laptop records continuously on a tb drive.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
1 on the upload is very slow..best way to test is to see of they perform locally at home and/or temporarily connect the cameras wired..What cameras area you using? Are they all wireless?

FIN13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes all wireless HD - going to call my isp and getting a higher package for speed. When you say what camara area, what do you mean?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry that was a typo (are)..what brand and models? Foscams are known to have wifi issues...
Another idea, before you pay for the upgrade, why dont you bring your work laptop home, connect it to the network and see if the issues is resolved.

FIN13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean - they are connected and record remotely, but video is jerky and slow.

FIN13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My home network is really slow like .6 upload. Inthink I need to upgrade it. I would prefer to record at home but these cameras are for my parents and they are afraid to leave a laptop on all the time lolol so I do it from here.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I said home because i assumed it was your home.....then take it to your folks and test it there...also their isp may be throttling the connection because you are uploading too much...
Why are they afraid to leave the laptop on?

FIN13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
They are afraid it will catch on fire lol. Their connection is definitely slow. I was also told to change the router channel to 8, 10 or 11?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol, thats funny...just tell them it has a built in fire extinguisher :)...
Their connection may be slow, but you said in your first post that it worked fine before, so it may be the cameras or router. What model cameras are you using?
As far as the channel...when you go there, use a mobile app like wifi analyzer to find the channel with the least interference.

FIN13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Oh great never heard of wifi analyzer. Thanks for the help!