Slow gui... maybe bad HDD?

Reaction score
I have a pair of HIKVISION DS-9664NI-I8 NVRs, both with same number of cameras and HDDs. The interface on one of them is very sluggish. It takes an extremely long time to respond to input. I click on an option and it takes up to 20-30 secs to respond. All drives (4 drives on each) on both NVRs are full and are overwiting. At one point I was getting HDD errors for multiple "channels" on the NVR with interface issues. I updated firmware and then the warnings seemed to go away. But laggy interface still persists. I ran the onboard HDD test utilities and all 4 drives passed. My question revolves around adding a new drive or trying to replace a flaky one. I do not have RAID enbaled so is it possible to remove one drive at a time and see if the laggy interface issue clears up? Or am I barking up the wrong tree? I have new drives at my disposal.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I ran the onboard HDD test utilities and all 4 drives passed.
If that's the SMART self-tests, they are fairly high level and can indicate 'Good' even when a drive is partly failing.

Much more useful is checking the specific values of the individual SMART attributes for those that may indicate underlying problems.