Smalest PTZ with Starlight for watching breeding kestrels

42er

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello all,

this year, the kestrels came back and the camera is installed and ready for them (last year I was a bit too late).

So I have some records for you to see. On the records from my "Hof" Cam (SD59430-HNI), you can see the installation of the TF Cam Dahua SD1A404XB-GNR with an extra mic = WINKASING GK-802A (on the right).

Thanks for your comments.

Greetings from Germany :wave:

1. Record in black/white with Dahua SD1A404XB-GNR (with mic):

2. Record in black/white with Dahua SD59430-HNI (without mic):

3. Record in color with Dahua SD1A404XB-GNR (with mic)... poor mouse:

4. Record in color with Dahua SD59430-HNI (without mic):

5. Record in color with Dahua SD1A404XB-GNR (with mic)... male is ed the end on the wooden roll:

6. Record in color with Dahua SD59430-HNI (without mic)... male is ed the end on the wooden roll:

Last edited:

42er

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@djernie, thanks a lot.

@holiday, it is always a compromise. A camera, who shows the eggs, will not show you the total of the nesting box (just add 2 more films, where the male is on the wooden roll).

So, when I count the eggs (in 2020 wie had 5), I am stepping on my ladder a make a picture with my Galaxy S9+ mobile.

Maybe a very little camera in on of the upper corners wolud work... like a endoscope camera... I have one for my PC, but it has a fixed focus of 10cm... maybe I just give it a try.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@42er

Not one camera can fit all size, so need a few more cameras if want to see more.
One for overview, different angles.. eggs etc.. I've tried to put a few cameras to get the best shots .. In my quest to see more and add more cameras, i've even tried adding some crappy Chinese camera because the good cameras cost $$$ and I can only buy so much. ..

However, do give your idea a try!

Here's some of my screenshots for your encouragement.

Attachments

42er

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@holiday,

thanks for your pictures.

My "problem" by choosing a camera, is more a "luxury" one, in terms of picture quality :cool:

And a 4MP camera, with zoom, like the Dahua SD1A404XB-GNR, makes very good pictures (this one, just made, is with 4x optical zoom, look at my little filmes above on a 4K TV und you will understand, what I mean ;) ) :

1618123862870.png

Because, I don't want a wifi / battery cam, I will give this little camera a try (into the nesting box, on the front, upper right (where the nesting box entry is covered), and I dont film against the light:

Audio Mini IP POE Kamera Fisheye HD 5MP 4MP 3MP 2MP V100 SONY323 Metall security ONVIF

1618125128289.png

Last edited:

42er

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello together,

I have a question about outofocus, and if I can set some time of refocus like "i dont care if you think its focused, I want you to focus again"?

The reason is, that every morning, 1-2h after switiching from b/w to color, the camera don't focus/refocus anymore and so for ours, I have no sharp records.

Hope you can help.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
following.. i have similar problem too..

so i set two presets day and night at the same location..
then i use schedule to call the preset once in the morning and once in the evening.. all these is done in BI.

There may be a few clips that are blurred if the sky turn dark before the night preset is called and vice versa for the morning.

However, if others have better idea.. i am open to listening as well.

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@42er,
RE: Last post by @holiday
If not using BI, you could possibly change between your day and night presets at the same location by using your Dahua PTZ camera Web UI to set up PTZ> Function> Time Task.

42er

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am to dumm, to setup a timebased preset configuration, and please need your help.

I want preset 10, all day, 7 days a week, and from 07am to 08am, preset 20, (mo - fr). And If I manually change to an other preset, the camera should come after 5 min back to preset 10.

Who can please help me.

Thanks a lot.

42er

Last edited: