Small 2 dahua cameras system help

ateel7

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a small office. I just bought 2 4300S Dahua cameras. I have a POE switch and ethernet cables to run to cameras. Basically, I'm going to have a dedicated PC with Blue Iris? I guess. Is that my best software option?

Also, the dedicated PC is coming from some old builds. It's an AMD Phenom X6 with 16GB memory and 2 x 1TB hard drives. With this suffice? All I hear here is i7. I just want them to record direct to disc at a decent rate for a day or 2 then repeat.

Any advice?

Also, can I get alerts on phone with motion at certain times, etc?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a small office. I just bought 2 4300S Dahua cameras. I have a POE switch and ethernet cables to run to cameras. Basically, I'm going to have a dedicated PC with Blue Iris? I guess. Is that my best software option?

Also, the dedicated PC is coming from some old builds. It's an AMD Phenom X6 with 16GB memory and 2 x 1TB hard drives. With this suffice? All I hear here is i7. I just want them to record direct to disc at a decent rate for a day or 2 then repeat.

Any advice?

Also, can I get alerts on phone with motion at certain times, etc?

Thanks
If you just want to record and get basic alerts you can use dahua pss which is free. Blue iris is much more flexible though. i7's I discussed for larger systems. Not two cameras.. You can do that on an i3.
You might want to put the amd on a killawatt meter and see how much power it consumers..it may be cheaper to buy an efficient pc.

ateel7

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks. yeah im just going to start with the AMD as it's what I have on hand. I'll invest in an i5 or 7 in future. how about the hard drives...will 2 x 1tb be enough?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
thanks. yeah im just going to start with the AMD as it's what I have on hand. I'll invest in an i5 or 7 in future. how about the hard drives...will 2 x 1tb be enough?
It will be more than enough.