Small indoor ONVIF capable IP camera

ipslascam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all - I'm having trouble finding a good, small indoor ONVIF capable IP camera. PoE would be nice since that's what I'm using for my outdoor cameras, but not necessary. Size is important since I plan to ceiling mount it in the corner of the room and want it to look unobtrusive (a typical outdoor dome/bullet would be too large).

Any suggestions?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all - I'm having trouble finding a good, small indoor ONVIF capable IP camera. PoE would be nice since that's what I'm using for my outdoor cameras, but not necessary. Size is important since I plan to ceiling mount it in the corner of the room and want it to look unobtrusive (a typical outdoor dome/bullet would be too large).

Any suggestions?
Both Dahua and hikvision have mini domes that look like this

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

ipslascam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
it will be better than the 1/3 sensor on the cube. There may a 4mp model with a 1/1.8 sensor, but i dont recall seeing it.
The benefit of the 5mp is the aspect ratio which can help cover a room better depending on the angles you need.
Thanks again. It looks like that Dahua camera is not immediately available, but there are several Hikvision mini domes available. Any recommendations there?

ipslascam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, that got me on the right track. Since the cost of that one is a bit high for an indoor camera, these two look similar (albeit with smaller sensors):