Smallest camera that works with BlueIris

garlydog

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I am looking for the smallest camera that works with blue iris. POE would be great, but USB power would be fine too. Does not have to be wifi, but that would be useful too. Any suggestions?

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That pinhole camera is small, but it must be connected to a larger processing unit for it to function. There is no processor in the pinhole camera itself. FYI. In case you decide on that one.

garlydog

n3wb
Reaction score
That pinhole camera is small, but it must be connected to a larger processing unit for it to function. There is no processor in the pinhole camera itself. FYI. In case you decide on that one.
I see that. Thanks. Unfortunately, that isn't going to work for my needs. I need a stand alone IP camera

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i use a cheap POS camera mounted in my door bell works during the day but not a night. I does its job. I do not use the sound capability. Two of them have survived the south texas summers.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
i use a cheap POS camera mounted in my door bell works during the day but not a night. I does its job. I do not use the sound capability. Two of them have survived the south texas summers.

That’s funny to see as I was asked quite a few moons ago to use a similar camera system. The ask was to build a 12” ring which could hold no less than eight cameras they had supplied.

This would offer them truly a 360 visual monitoring. As with anything the hardest part was fabricating a housing that could enclose the whole assembly which didn’t even address how to make a optically transparent cover!

By the time all was said and done the overall custom system was working just great at this nature reserve. The biggest shock to the guy was seeing the bill for trenching, wiring, and the foundation & the pole!

It was a tough pill to swallow that the cameras were under $350.XX. But there was thousands of dollars for infrastructure.

The hardest lesson for them to accept and learn was reliability and on going costs. You can’t expect something like that to last in direct sunlight and blistering heat and expect it to last. After replacing half the cameras over the years and being charged service fees they finally purchased a purpose built multiple domed camera system.

It’s been rocking for five years straight and the quality is vastly superior then the $45.XX specials they had in place.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Some ip cameras are smaller than you might think without housing.. if you dont need poe and use direct 12v you can also get rid of POE stepdown converter and save more space.

garlydog

n3wb
Reaction score

Perfect!!! Thank you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If the camera is to be located indoors, an ESP32CAM would be small, lightweight, and functional.
If the camera is to be located outdoors, these modules can be glued inside many objects using only a small hole for the lens.
You'd have to attach an IR LED or two, and the cameras don't have IR filters, but for daylight or well-lighted areas, they're great.

garlydog

n3wb
Reaction score
If the camera is to be located indoors, an ESP32CAM would be small, lightweight, and functional.
If the camera is to be located outdoors, these modules can be glued inside many objects using only a small hole for the lens.
You'd have to attach an IR LED or two, and the cameras don't have IR filters, but for daylight or well-lighted areas, they're great.
Very cool. I will look into this too. Thanks!