Smart events, Intrusion Detection, Region Entrance Detection or Motion Detection, what to choose?

Mtv

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm struggling with combining 2 types of smart events, Intrusion and Region Entrance. May be this is not possible and do i have to choose another approach.

I do believe that the 4 regions you can select are as per smart event.

So for 1 location i selected intruder detection (yellow) and region entrance (blue), both for region 1.

20210310_114343804_iOS.png
The issue is that only the intruder detection is given an notification, the entrance detection doesn't work like the way I set it up, i mean, when someone enters that area, no notification is given as entrance detection. Mainly entrance is where the MIN box is drawn, via that path.

Do I have to split the entrance area in multiple regions or don't i understand the working of the entrance smart event. I want to be warned when someone enters the blue area and wanted to be warned when someone enters the yellow area, as there are the doors to house and shed.

Or do i have to combine it with motion detection?

Hope someone can help me out.

DS-2CD2047G2-L(U)
V5.5.160 is installed
is connected to NVR 7604NI-K1/4P(B)

Last edited:

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I suggest you go with intrusion detection since it keeps pushing notifications unlike entry detection which basicly works like line crossing into square, opposite of that is exit detection if something leave outside square.

Why it doesn't push notifications its probably because in tab LINKAGE u didn't select option Notify surveillance center or schedule is empty.

Mtv

n3wb
Reaction score
I suggest you go with intrusion detection since it keeps pushing notifications unlike entry detection which basicly works like line crossing into square, opposite of that is exit detection if something leave outside square.

Why it doesn't push notifications its probably because in tab LINKAGE u didn't select option Notify surveillance center or schedule is empty.
thank you, i've checked it and see that notify is on and schedule is set 24/7.
Did apply same settings after deleting them to see if that will stay and otherwise i'll stay with intrusion only and set more regions.

k110

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your camera has acusense technology built in so the 'standard' motion detection works pretty well, I just use motion detection and set it to 'human' and get a 95% accurate result and almost no false positives.

Mtv

n3wb
Reaction score
Your camera has acusense technology built in so the 'standard' motion detection works pretty well, I just use motion detection and set it to 'human' and get a 95% accurate result and almost no false positives.
Thanks, i'll give it a try for that area mentioned as "entrance" to define it the same for standard motion area. My second cam is overviewing the parking place and works pretty nice with human or car detection, but has to say with intruder smart event. So indeed the acusense works pretty nice.