smart pss motion event search

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I always thought those arrows were refresh
Maybe, but why would something live need to be refreshed? I see it when viewing live feeds.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe, but why would something live need to be refreshed? I see it when viewing live feeds.
From that live feed, can't you just do "fast replay" to see the last 3-4 minutes? Then that refresh button would make sense, right?

MAUL

n3wb
Reaction score
I seem to be having similar issues where I have all 4 camera's set with IVS but only 1 will set a different record for the IVS triggers the other cameras I have to manually watch all recording in smartPSS as intelligent never triggers.
I must be doing something wrong but I've rechecked everything and redone all the settings on the other camera to match the one that works and appears to do the same thing still.

MAUL

n3wb
Reaction score
In addition to setting up the events on the cameras, you have to enable recording of them on the NVR in at least 2 places. One is under the Event menu where you have to tell it to record the event and on what channel(s), and the other is under the Schedule menu where you need to enable recording of events on the individual channels. I've never done this via SmartPSS, instead always using the camera and NVR web interfaces. I have struggled with this many times and wish I could give you a complete list of what to do. In reality I just keep looking at menus and fiddling settings until it works.
I reread what people were saying and your post helped me as I went back to look at my schedule and for some reason IVS had been changed on all but 1 camera so I set IVS to record back and on now I am getting what I wanted. I know I had previously set it but I guess when you play with all the settings so much I had turned them off some how. So simple yet it was driving me nuts. :)

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From that live feed, can't you just do "fast replay" to see the last 3-4 minutes? Then that refresh button would make sense, right?
I've never tried that. I'll try that.

If I wanted to see something that wasn't live, I always went to the search area. I didn't know I could fast replay directly from the live stream, to see the last few minutes.

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I reread what people were saying and your post helped me as I went back to look at my schedule and for some reason IVS had been changed on all but 1 camera so I set IVS to record back and on now I am getting what I wanted. I know I had previously set it but I guess when you play with all the settings so much I had turned them off some how. So simple yet it was driving me nuts. :)
Glad you got it to work. What IVS configuration did you do (what type of rule)? How do you like the events that it's triggered? Do they match what you expect? Did it miss any?

MAUL

n3wb
Reaction score
Glad you got it to work. What IVS configuration did you do (what type of rule)? How do you like the events that it's triggered? Do they match what you expect? Did it miss any?
I use the Tripwire and for now it seems to be catching what I would expect but then again since it only just started capturing there is a bit a testing that would be required. From what I have seen so far it seems pretty good though but if it missed something I guess I wouldn't know yet. lol

I'll keep you posted.

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've never tried that. I'll try that.

If I wanted to see something that wasn't live, I always went to the search area. I didn't know I could fast replay directly from the live stream, to see the last few minutes.
Ok, I tried the "Instant Replay" feature. On the live stream screen, it will replay up to the last 5 minutes, for that camera.

I tried clicking that refresh button, but it didn't bring the camera that was in replay, back to live. It did nothing. The only way to bring the camera back to live, was to hit the X button on the time scroll bar under the instant replay video.

So, the mystery remains as to what that refresh button actually does.

Or why it's needed. Because the videos when viewing live are all in sync with the current time.

Actually when I click on the refresh button once, I see a lock symbol. When I click on it again, the lock symbol is removed.

Maybe it prevents one from using instant replay?

No, I just tried that, that's not it either. I can still use instant replay when it has the lock sign.