SmartPss and only one stream at the time

GuitarKin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

We have problem. My friend have two cameras connected to Poe+ switch. Poe switch is connected to router and that is connected to PC. First camera is Dahua SD59225U-HNI and second is HDBW4441R-AS (recovery by Tftp method). Problem is when we watch both stream at the same time on SmartPss. Only 4431 stream will show realtime and 59925 will freeze and lost ping. They both working well if we watch only one camera at the time. What might be causing this problem and how can we solve this?

59225 IP:192.168.1.231
4431R IP:192.168.1.230
PC IP:192.168.1.30

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
is your pc also connected to switch ?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Bad cable or crappy router.

Plug PC directly into PoE switch instead of router. If problem persists, try swapping cables.

GuitarKin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bad cable or crappy router.

Plug PC directly into PoE switch instead of router. If problem persists, try swapping cables.
I also thinking bad cables. One bad cable we already fix earlier. We have to check other too and connect PC directly to switch.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I also thinking bad cables. One bad cable we already fix earlier. We have to check other too and connect PC directly to switch.
Routers are a common bottleneck too. Many can't handle anywhere near 100mpbs of lan to lan traffic.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Is the poe plus switch powering that PTZ ? If that is the case it sounds like its breaking down under load, as you said they handle it ok individually but when the rubber hits the road it sounds like the PTZ is breaking down. Lots of guys here have to run separate power to the PTZ because switches cannot handle the power requirements especially when the IR is activated at night. Check the power requirements of that PTZ vs what your switch is rated for. You might want to ask @looney2ns about his setup, he did a wonderful setup and review on his.

GuitarKin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is the poe plus switch powering that PTZ ? If that is the case it sounds like its breaking down under load, as you said they handle it ok individually but when the rubber hits the road it sounds like the PTZ is breaking down. Lots of guys here have to run separate power to the PTZ because switches cannot handle the power requirements especially when the IR is activated at night. Check the power requirements of that PTZ vs what your switch is rated for. You might want to ask @looney2ns about his setup, he did a wonderful setup and review on his.
Thanks for help everyone. Cameras working well if we dont watch streams. I can even watch PTZ stream and everything is fine. Same time ping is running for both cameras like it should. But if I start 4431 live stream, PTZ ping will break and PTZ livestram also freeze if we try watch that. Mean time PTZ still works but something block that connection. So I think they get power enought for that Poe+ switch. Today we can try theese fixes what you all are giving. Thank You.

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for help everyone. Cameras working well if we dont watch streams. I can even watch PTZ stream and everything is fine. Same time ping is running for both cameras like it should. But if I start 4431 live stream, PTZ ping will break and PTZ livestram also freeze if we try watch that. Mean time PTZ still works but something block that connection. So I think they get power enought for that Poe+ switch. Today we can try theese fixes what you all are giving. Thank You.
Mayby some adress conflict that blocks traffic ? Have you tried different TCP port and IP numbers, preferbably outside of DHCP range ? For the sake of trying everything..

GuitarKin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mayby some adress conflict that blocks traffic ? Have you tried different TCP port and IP numbers, preferbably outside of DHCP range ? For the sake of trying everything..
Already try that too :(. Same happend.

GuitarKin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Routers are a common bottleneck too. Many can't handle anywhere near 100mpbs of lan to lan traffic.
Problem solved. Router was bottleneck. We replaced router and everything working like it should. Thank You!