SmartPSS on macOS Catalina

myk3le

n3wb
Reaction score
@jeremybme please contact Dahua support and attach a screen capture of bug please. I think that they will not fix bugs on intel Mac anymore. I have your same issues.

kgaz1

n3wb
Reaction score
there is a new version of smart pss for Mac M1 silicon it's great. however smart pss for Mac intel is the worst software i'v ever used. her the link to download smart pss form Mac silicon General_SMARTPSS-MAC-arm64_ChnEng_IS_V2.003.0000005.0.T.20211123.tar.gz
[/QUOT

Hi..I've just switched to a new computer running montery and this won't even run -- it comes up long enough to ask for password and security questions and then ends -- no errors or anything. Is there anything special around getting this installed? After I expand the tar file I have a SmartPss 238.8MB app -- run that, get asked for password and security questions and then it ends.

tmxv4128

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
the M1 version is very dim as well. is there a fix?
How is it dim? I have not experienced that with my M1 Mac running SmartPSS. Can you post a screenshot? Compared to running SmartPSS on my PC, this M1 version is so much better on my Mac. I can open every camera window, and the app doesn't slow down at all, which was a huge problem with the Intel version for Mac. Are there any apps running concurrently--possibly in the background--as you navigate through SmartPSS?

jeremybme

n3wb
Reaction score
the version from 2019 looks more realistic to what it looks like outside. the version thats supposed to be for the M1 Chip thats from last year looks dark. Hopefully you can see what im saying

Attachments

tmxv4128

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
the version from 2019 looks more realistic to what it looks like outside. the version thats supposed to be for the M1 Chip thats from last year looks dark. Hopefully you can see what im saying
Yeah, that's definitely different. I'm going to load the older version on my computer to compare. I'll let you know if I find something.

tmxv4128

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I checked my system, and I am running the exact version you are using. Booted up the older version you linked, but no difference in image quality. Hmmm Are you sure your preference in SmartPSS is set for the main stream? Here's a thought... Are you using a DVR? Did you make all the image settings in the camera or the DVR, or perhaps a few in both? Except for the time setting, which I set in my Dahua NVR, I make all of my settings to the camera(s) with Internet Explorer via a PC.

jeremybme

n3wb
Reaction score
im pretty sure i made them all to the cameras in IE, but i guess i'll have to double check now. Thanks for the tips. its a place to start

dMike

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone found a solution to the acid trip colors on SmartPSS with Catalina? I have a heavily spec’d and still quite fast late-2013 27” Intel iMac and recently had to update the OS to Catalina. Followingly lost my 32-bit SmartPSS, which had been working ok. Updated to DH_SMARTPSS-MAC_ChnEng_IS_V2.003.0000005.0.R.20210129, which is fairly stable. However, any red colors appear blue, blue appears red - same on live and play footage.

iDMSSHD:
Test IDMSS.png
SmartPSS:SmartPSS Catalina Live.jpg