SmartPSS on macOS Catalina

cctvapro

n3wb
Reaction score
The new SmartPSS on Mac is very slow and stuck most of the time!!! Shame on you Dahua that you don't fix all this issue until now!!!
I'm throwing my Dahua NVR to the trash and will buy the HIKVision instead..

chicoDaMan

n3wb
Reaction score
Dahua really needs to fix this software to run properly on Mac OSX. SmartPSS is very good, very useful, but not on Mac OSX anymore!

We have stopped purchasing Dahua equipment until this is fixed.

Reaction score
Over a year on and no update to fix OSX Catalina 64bit version... Anyone have any updates? I literally can't use it, it just freezes up and goes extremely slow when i open it after about 10 seconds. :(

Reaction score
please send negative feedback to dahua support...regards
I've done that and it appears to not do any good. I've also sent negative feedback to Lorex, which uses basically the same software, and that didn't do any good either. I'm totally disgusted both with dahua and Lorex.

albator

n3wb
Reaction score
Just dropped lots of $$$ on 4 x 8mp Dahua and NVR. Smart PPS runs extremely slow, so laggy to the point it is unusable (on a 2020 iMac i7). My personal opinion is to stay away from this pile of junk.

Reaction score
Has anyone managed to get in contact with Dahua and address this problem? Tried 3 different support emails and no replies, this was from 2 months ago also..

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Dahua doesn’t sell to or support the end user generally speaking. It took 2+ years to get DMSS working, software isn’t their strong suit.

myk3le

n3wb
Reaction score
Good Morning
Today I upgrade osx Catalina to Big Sur. Under Big Sur osx smart pss has improved performance and I can watch sync playback and navigate in live preview and playback with no problem.
Lol!

Sixto

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I gave up on Dahua for macOS and switched to Synology Surveillance Station, which now has Dahua IVS support, and couldn't be happier. The Surveillance Station app on macOS works perfectly.

johnd

n3wb
Reaction score
I also use Synology DS218+ but you need to pay extra if you want 2+ cameras and my NAS is now always running so thinking of using a NVR-4108HS-8P-4KS2 8 Kanaals Compact 1U 8PoE 4K & H.265 Lite Nvr . I noticed SmartPss is not super quick. Maybe because they are also running on the NAS. I prefer to have one big disk in the NVR. Now i am slowly getting problems with the space distribution on my NAS.

myk3le

n3wb
Reaction score
Last release of smartPSS for Mac osx Catalina and big sure (64 bit) available on official Dahua site. It looks better and more usable and stable.

Reaction score
Last release of smartPSS for Mac osx Catalina and big sure (64 bit) available on official Dahua site. It looks better and more usable and stable.
Could you provide a link for that new version please? All I see on the Dahua site is the same old version that's been there forever. Thanks!

Ig Roy

n3wb
Reaction score
No sorry, it's not. It doesn't look any better and doesn't work any faster. Still the same terrible lags in the Live View!
Maybe a bit more responsive than the previous version, but still unusable. :-(

Versions:
Mac OS 11.0.1
SmartPSS 2.03.5 (2021-01-21)