SmartPSS on macOS Catalina

bosky89

n3wb
Reaction score
Same issue for me as well. In addition, attempting to make clips crashes the app.
Same for me like mentioned above.
Dahu, what about male / save clips. I think that is the one of the main features in the app?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi, maybe a dumb question since I am not familiar with smatpss but does it require you to have an nvr or can you use it directly with Dahua cameras to view or record to my i mac?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, maybe a dumb question since I am not familiar with smatpss but does it require you to have an nvr or can you use it directly with Dahua cameras to view or record to my i mac?
It doesn't require a NVR; like you said, you can use it directly with your cameras to view them live and change some settings. As long as the cameras support ONVIF (and you know the port numbers and what not), it can connect to many non-Dahua cameras too. Unless there's something new with this version of SmartPSS, it doesn't give the ability to record your cameras on your Mac.

Reaction score

we got third BETA.
who want download, use google chrome to translate web site and
use this auth data:
login: 0443620331
password: 123456
Is it possible to get a list of the changes made in the betas? I think it would be helpful to be able to report the problems that we are seeing and to confirm whether or not the latest changes are working. Thanks!!

John

GuitarKin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
If you use external monitor to watch cameras thats not working. Camera windows only show down left corner of each camera picture. Looks like that its some scaling problem.

rlmalisz

n3wb
Reaction score
I've not grabbed the beta(s) yet. But have a question about features to those who have: does this new SmartPSS support intrusion detection configuration? The 32-bit version didn't, and I always had to configure that stuff in a browser...which requires a plugin, which means "not on Catalina". I would hope Dahua would realize this, and fold that ability into the new SmartPSS for MacOS. Otherwise, I'm reduced to bringing up a Windows VM and doing all the setup there.

Thanks in advance for any info.

--Richard

Reaction score
I've not grabbed the beta(s) yet. But have a question about features to those who have: does this new SmartPSS support intrusion detection configuration? The 32-bit version didn't, and I always had to configure that stuff in a browser...which requires a plugin, which means "not on Catalina". I would hope Dahua would realize this, and fold that ability into the new SmartPSS for MacOS. Otherwise, I'm reduced to bringing up a Windows VM and doing all the setup there.

Thanks in advance for any info.

--Richard
That would be an excellent addition to the software!

John

myk3le

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. I download the Beta 3 app for osx Catalina.
The best feature is that now playback looks good.
However the app is very slow, on my MacBook Pro 15 quad core i7 16gb ram and 4 gb ram video dedicated it runs very slow.
During playback fans turn on and they are very noisy. (the 32 bit version wasn't as slow as this beta and fans didn't' run as the 64 bit version)
Other functions look good. PTZ function looks better.
good job I hope for next update.

RoHo

n3wb
Reaction score
Schermafbeelding 1.png
Thnx! Go64 (checks for 32-bit apps) says SmartPSS is now 64-bit exept for 'libDahuaAdadaptor.so' can this be ignored?

GuitarKin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello. I download the Beta 3 app for osx Catalina.
The best feature is that now playback looks good.
However the app is very slow, on my MacBook Pro 15 quad core i7 16gb ram and 4 gb ram video dedicated it runs very slow.
During playback fans turn on and they are very noisy. (the 32 bit version wasn't as slow as this beta and fans didn't' run as the 64 bit version)
Other functions look good. PTZ function looks better.
good job I hope for next update.
Same for me. It is very heavy software. Optimization should be better. Otherwise it is good.

Reaction score
Same for me. It is very heavy software. Optimization should be better. Otherwise it is good.
Quite honestly, the biggest problem with the beta (and this held true for the 32-bit version as well) is the lack of a responsive user interface. Whatever software technique is being used to monitor for clicks or other user input needs to be optimized! It's painfully slow. I know that this app is being written for multiple platforms, but the version for each platform needs to be optimized for that platform. With all of that said, the developer is making progress and that's great. Keep up the good work. All of us looking for a great 64-bit app are pulling hard for you to get it working. We appreciate all of your hard work.

Reaction score
The new version of macOS (10.15, Catalina) comes out in a few days and will no longer support 32-bit apps. The most recent version of SmartPSS I've been able to find is DH_SmartPSS_Eng_Mac_IS_V2.00.0.R.20180507_CodeSign. Unfortunately this is still a 32-bit only app, meaning it won't work for the majority of Mac users who will upgrade in the coming days.

Is there any indication that Dahua is working on a 64-bit build for Mac?

Are there similar apps that I should consider switching to?

100%