SmartPSS on macOS Catalina

ivan facio

n3wb
Reaction score
The new version of macOS (10.15, Catalina) comes out in a few days and will no longer support 32-bit apps. The most recent version of SmartPSS I've been able to find is DH_SmartPSS_Eng_Mac_IS_V2.00.0.R.20180507_CodeSign. Unfortunately this is still a 32-bit only app, meaning it won't work for the majority of Mac users who will upgrade in the coming days.

Is there any indication that Dahua is working on a 64-bit build for Mac?

Are there similar apps that I should consider switching to?

new version. work perfect

jfberry

n3wb
Reaction score
New version is working pretty well for me. My use is quite simple though (just config and live view - I don't have a Dahua NVR as I use Synology)

Ig Roy

n3wb
Reaction score
have you guys tried the playback function? it plays backward on me.
Same here. Playback is extremely buggy. The time line goes forward by "slots" with a given amount of seconds, but the playback within a slot is played backward!
The good news: the application doesn't crash upon exit anymore.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
TEMP_General_SmartPSS_Eng_Mac_IS_V2.00.0.R.20191112.zip
This one still a testing version, the official version can be released soon.

Cocktail

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same here. Playback is extremely buggy. The time line goes forward by "slots" with a given amount of seconds, but the playback within a slot is played backward!
The good news: the application doesn't crash upon exit anymore.
Same issue for me as well. In addition, attempting to make clips crashes the app.

bugmenot01

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Today i asked dahua, the official one will be released on Black Friday Day! When i get it, i will post here shortly.
Hi EMPIRETECANDY
can you also ask Dahua to verify the app on a Macbook with Retina screen. If show just a quarter of the screen as in my screenshot.
I think they compile the app on an old macbook so they didn't discover the issue

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 15.35.54.png

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi EMPIRETECANDY
can you also ask Dahua to verify the app on a Macbook with Retina screen. If show just a quarter of the screen as in my screenshot.
I think they compile the app on an old macbook so they didn't discover the issue

View attachment 51003
You are using the temp firmware right now? Wait their releasing, and then check. When new one released, i will POST here shortly.

kevinvinv

n3wb
Reaction score
Did anyone get this SmartPSS on Catalina to work well? I am getting crash upon installation at the moment. - 11/24/19

Reaction score
Did anyone get this SmartPSS on Catalina to work well? I am getting crash upon installation at the moment. - 11/24/19
I just downloaded the beta and it does work, more or less. Mine crashes when I exit the program! It does access my NVR and it does pull up the various cameras, although you can tell it's definitely a beta since the camera resolutions are wrong and many of the "controls" act a bit "weird". But it's great to see that it's being worked on. Keep those betas coming!

toztech

n3wb
Reaction score
How do you update the IP address of an NVR in SmartPSS? On Windows I can use 'Devices' and adjust with the Edit/Pencil. On Mac, Method, IP/Domain, and Group are gray and uneditable.