sms text message

tito9

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I'm using the current trial version of blueiris and i'm trying to send an alert on my cell phone while it's an alarm detection, but it does not work. I have click on test button but this is result:
"Proceeding
Connected
Error with sending HELO/EHLO;Server says: 501 EHLO requires valid address"
I'm sure good configurate smtp my client.
Thanks for help

Edit: i thought that the manual configuration of the client was wrong, so i did the test with Gmail (client already available automatically) but i have
"Proceeding
Connected
Error with user authentication;Server says: 534-5.7.14 <Sign in - Google Accounts
534-5.7.14 otCiV-bOp5nP0nb-YqzbnRcFIzCFY892b-mxC6ArgHNM7W13y5_K_jkRepGPon_RkEfCoI
534-5.7.14 MmRmvMVonN5TaCbRKn-flL0cdHwRPNftf_P6gVF5iSgoOgqFwFNjMqy0carKys-JosAeYW
534-5.7.14 Z0SKfzSUZmWKDDNOF5Rh0M9apr_HQUgFCxOqSDnbXi_1avTbrUzuyFh2tEf5Xkfbf7eEiW
534-5.7.14 vv_IgF6-VhNShueMJWFGxxCUFAx7c> Please log in via your web browser and
534-5.7.14 then try again.
534-5.7.14 Learn more at
534 5.7.14 Change SMTP settings to check Gmail on other clients - Gmail Help g60sm65701171wrd.92 - gsmtp"

Last edited:

tito9

n3wb
Reaction score
perfect now work the configuration for email...but now i have always the problem of not receving text messages on my cell phone, is it a problem with my manager? i have vodafone.
It would be perfect to receive text messages :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
perfect now work the configuration for email...but now i have always the problem of not receving text messages on my cell phone, is it a problem with my manager? i have vodafone.
It would be perfect to receive text messages :)
it may be with the provider...no idea

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The SMS text would not have worked until you got the outgoing e-mail working anyway, as BI sends an e-mail to your cell phone provider in the form of "yourcellnumber@yourcellprovider.net" or the like.

Insure you have the 2 following pages configured. Note that on page #2 that there are 3 'Vodafone' to choose from: Vodafone DE, IT and UK.

alert_SMS.jpg

vodaphone_SMS.jpg

tito9

n3wb
Reaction score
is configured correctly, maybe it's a problem with my vodafone manager in my country.. otherwise it is not explained, blueiris sends me only email without sms on my cell phone. Is it possible that my manager has activated some services to block certain messages to be protected me? what can i do?
if there are no solutions, then the problem is on the program that fails to send the message because of the blocked service or the incorrect name, surely there is to change that..because i have

I have a receiver apparatus with inside a SIM card (provider TIM) that alerts me with a text message when the house alarm sounds, blueiris should work on that frequency.. what do you think's?

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
is configured correctly, maybe it's a problem with my vodafone manager in my country.. otherwise it is not explained, blueiris sends me only email without sms on my cell phone. Is it possible that my manager has activated some services to block certain messages to be protected me? what can i do?
if there are no solutions, then the problem is on the program that fails to send the message because of the blocked service or the incorrect name, surely there is to change that. What do you think's?
As @fenderman suggested, use Push Notifications instead.

Larry91

n3wb
Reaction score
Many thanks, push notifications work for me. I've spent a lot of time figuring out how to set up settings. Found on the Internet a bunch of guides, but the problem didn't disappear. I've even had to rent a number to try to send a notification to another number. Try to guess if it solved the problem. But anyway, it's a pretty helpful service. If someone wonders - Rent Private Numbers | Free Temporary Phone Numbers for Verification | Receive Texts & bypass SMS • quackr. It got to the point that I contacted my mobile operator; maybe it's their omission. They assured me that everything okay (but it wasn't okay for me). Thankfully, I fixed it.

Last edited: