snapshot of motion only

wayno12

n3wb
Reaction score
I have configured BI (version 4) to record continuously. I would like a snapshot of motion so I can breeze through pics for any triggers that look of importance. Under the Camera Properties "Record" tab, I have checked "Only when triggered" next to JPEG snapshot each (mm:ss). Problem is, it may trigger when a customer walks in the door at say 12:00pm, but when customer #2 walks in at 12:03pm, no snapshot is triggered. Any ideas on how to configure this?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What about this, as in red boxes checked below? Cam records continuously as you said, then thumbnail is posted in alert cliplist to the right when that cam is triggered so you can browse them.
Adjust the value in green box to suit your need.

BI_snap-when-trig..jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You don't need any snapshots to Breeze through triggers... The database stores low-resolution images that appear in the clips and alerts column... You are just wasting time and resources..

wayno12

n3wb
Reaction score
That's interesting, I see the snapshot on the right side where the clips and snapshots show up, but still, it may show a snapshot at 12:00, but then it doesn't get the next customer that walks in 5 minutes later. Tony, I did as you suggested setting the "green box" to 3 seconds, thinking it would reset the motion sensing after three seconds, and all it did was take a snapshot every three seconds. Another thing I tried, was unchecking the box "JPEG snapshot each (mm:ss). It greyed out, but still showed the "Only when triggered" as still checked behind the grey. When I did this, it got no snapshots period.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe uncheck "JPEG snapshot each (mm:ss)" ? Not sure since I really don't use that function.