Snooze alerts?

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is there a way to snooze alerts for X minutes/hours? For example, with my old Ring doorbell I could press snooze for a period of time, whereby essentially the motion detection would still occur, i just would not get alerts to my app.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can set up a profile for snooze and turn off all alerts for that profile. Simply change it to that profile and set a time for it, or do the change manually.

Reaction score
Simply use the BI console's camera pause feature, and select desired duration time, and in the UI3 right click a camera, then properties, then at very bottom is pause.
Pause will stop external event triggers, and motion detection, so alerts based on these cannot send out.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Simply use the BI console's camera pause feature, and select desired duration time, and in the UI3 right click a camera, then properties, then at very bottom is pause.
Pause will stop external event triggers, and motion detection, so alerts based on these cannot send out.
The user wants motion detection and triggers to occur. They simply dont want alerts. The response by wittaj will do that.

Reaction score
Yep, that is a more specific solution, but I have seen so many people ask about the Pause feature, not knowing it is there. I like the pause, becuase I would go out to the shed to mow, and just pause the shed camera for an hour and it works perfectly, no motion recording, no alert items, no emails.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, that is a more specific solution, but I have seen so many people ask about the Pause feature, not knowing it is there. I like the pause, becuase I would go out to the shed to mow, and just pause the shed camera for an hour and it works perfectly, no motion recording, no alert items, no emails.
My point was the OP is specifically looking for a solution that will record motion. Using a profile also allows you to make the change to multiple specific cameras at once.
Murphy's law says something will happen when you pause.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think the OP wants to be out cutting grass and someone approach him with a gun and he has no recording of it.

Much better to simply turn off the alerts but let the rest of the system do it's thing.