So do you think he shot her?

Reaction score
So they came into the alley via the same gate they went back into?

Possibilities:
1. Heard something out in the alley and went to investigate.
2. Was told someone was going to meet them out in the ally for some bad reason, so he came prepared.
3. Was out in the alley and then they decided there was nothing wrong so he pulled the pistol out because he did not want to hold it in the shorts.
4. They thought they heard something back at the house and she has bigger balls than him so she went first.

Is sweeping her and really should not carry if he does not respect the tool.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
O.K., CaptainCrunch, here are five additional pictures along with the topic starter picture.

First picture is him coming out into the alley with his right hand conce
100% a gun. If I had to guess about the r/h cylinder, it was probably made for a left hander originally.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
So they came into the alley via the same gate they went back into?

Possibilities:
1. Heard something out in the alley and went to investigate.
2. Was told someone was going to meet them out in the ally for some bad reason, so he came prepared.
3. Was out in the alley and then they decided there was nothing wrong so he pulled the pistol out because he did not want to hold it in the shorts.
4. They thought they heard something back at the house and she has bigger balls than him so she went first.

Is sweeping her and really should not carry if he does not respect the tool.

Rule number 1 - never leave place of safety

Rule number 2 - don't pursue a suspect out of a place of safety - if they leave take up a defensive position and wait for the police. You follow them out and you're in the open and at any point they can turn around a corner or get cover behind an object and ambush you (even coming out of the door!)

Here's another one showing the inadequacy of many handgun calibres I watched the other day - specifically 9mm in this case. Only a lucky heart or brain shot here stop the guy dead at the very end.

Another lesson here, don't get too close so they can grab you or leave a weapon in reach of someone you've shot and "killed"

NOT GRAPHIC - NO BLOOD, BUT DOES SHOW SOMEONE GETTING SHOWING SHOT AND KILLED CLOSE UP - AT YOUR DISCRETION (NOT AGE RESTRICTED ON YT):

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Only reason I see to get a revolver would be if you wanted .357 magnum, although even then there is 1 automatic designed to fire it (someone's college project put into production I believe).

Beyond that, the issue becomes one of shot number. Revolver 6 - semi auto around 15 depending on the calibre, mag and gun, plus slower reloading on the revolver even with a speed loader. That's primarily why semi-autos have taken over. You can also probably add onto that, less to snag onto clothing. You might wonder why you might want more than 6 shots - experience has shown that often shooters miss under the stress of a fire fight plus many handgun bullets are notorious for poor stopping power unless something vital is hit.

A good example of this is this Police firefight - not how many times this guy is shot and yet he survived. Slightly long video but worth the watch. Demonstrates how handguns can struggle to stop someone though as this guy is riddled. This does have video so be patient over the audio at the front. If you want to skip the recap tempter at the front which misses out a lot anyway but does have good audio, video starts properly at 4 mins 30 sec approx.:

There are also good alternatives to .357 mag such as 10mm if you want auto.
Pretty sure there's a sudden need in the LA area for an additional body and fender repairman or two that specializes in Ford Explorers....good Lord, had be 2 dozen of 'em trashed! :confused:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Pretty sure there's a sudden need in the LA area for an additional body and fender repairman or two that specializes in Ford Explorers....good Lord, had be 2 dozen of 'em trashed! :confused:
Eh, some duct tape, electrical tape and chewing gum will fix them right up. ;)

Last edited:

river100

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just a FYI, last year a friend of mine had 2 drive by shootings across the street from her house. When watching the play back video on the NVR you can easily see the flashes from the guns. However when I exported the videos the flashes didn't show up. This was a Night Owl NVR which I think is made by Dahua. It was one of those HD over coax systems. Has a super nice picture and recording but didn't show the flashes at all on the exported videos.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just a FYI, last year a friend of mine had 2 drive by shootings across the street from her house. When watching the play back video on the NVR you can easily see the flashes from the guns. However when I exported the videos the flashes didn't show up. This was a Night Owl NVR which I think is made by Dahua. It was one of those HD over coax systems. Has a super nice picture and recording but didn't show the flashes at all.
Night Owl is not made by Dahua and in fact Night Owl is NDAA compliant.

river100

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Night owl in general is low end garbage.
I agree, one of those NVRs with a tiny circuitboard in a little enclosure, it was set at the highest frame rate and quality.
Her son installed it a few years ago.

Have you ever worked with an NVR that captured gunshots at night? Since then I wonder how good the exported videos are on a good NVR.

This was 2 drive by shootings on 2 seperate nights. I acually had to replay the videos full screen and record them on my cell for the police in order to get the flashes of the gunshots.
I use a new version of Zoneminder that records the stream from the cameras directly so I'm guessing it would do a decent job depending on the FPS settings.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I agree, one of those NVRs with a tiny circuitboard in a little enclosure, it was set at the highest frame rate and quality.

Have you ever worked with an NVR that captured gunshots at night? Since then I wonder how good the exported videos are on a good NVR.

This was 2 drive by shootings on 2 seperate nights. I acually had to replay the videos full screen and record them on my sell for the police in order to get the flashes of the gunshots.
I use a new version of Zoneminder that records the stream from the cameras directly so I'm guessing it would do a decent job depending on the FPS settings.
It isn't the NVR or FPS that is important, it is shutter speed of the camera. And at night these consumer grade cameras slow down the shutter so much that yea a quick flash from a gun could be completely missed.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

This was 2 drive by shootings on 2 seperate nights. I acually had to replay the videos full screen and record them on my sell for the police in order to get the flashes of the gunshots.

You replied to looney2ns with this information?

river100

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It isn't the NVR or FPS that is important, it is shutter speed of the camera. And at night these consumer grade cameras slow down the shutter so much that yea a quick flash from a gun could be completely missed.
The NVR acually caught the flashes from the guns. Lots of them. They didn't show up on the videos that were exported or downloaded.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Speaking of, let us see what you call "Has a super nice picture and recording" of this Night Owl system...

river100

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Then that is just a crappy system LOL.
yes, it's a crappy system no doubt. Her son installed it for her and I'm thinking he put a low dollar system in her house because she's on a limited income. She asked me to copy the videos to a flash drive for the police. I posted this because I bet most of the people with home NVRs don't realise that there may be issues with gun shots on some NVRs when exporting the videos.