So it just stops recording and doesn't notify you?

tgurske

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been running BI for a few years and in that time I have had it stop recording probably five times. It's usually a random software issue or a hard drive failure.

The problem is that unless I baby sit the software I'll never know if there are any issues. So, it sits there not recording for days or weeks until I look at it for some reason and find out that it hasn't been recording all this time, and that whatever clip I needed to see isn't there.

Why can't this software send me an email or something telling me that there is a problem and that my critical video surveillance system is no longer doing anything helpful.

Is there a feature like that?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been running BI for a few years and in that time I have had it stop recording probably five times. It's usually a random software issue or a hard drive failure.

The problem is that unless I baby sit the software I'll never know if there are any issues. So, it sits there not recording for days or weeks until I look at it for some reason and find out that it hasn't been recording all this time, and that whatever clip I needed to see isn't there.

Why can't this software send me an email or something telling me that there is a problem and that my critical video surveillance system is no longer doing anything helpful.

Is there a feature like that?
So you dont read the help file and assume the feature does not exist?
blue iris status>messages>status alerts
From the help file.
"The Status Alerts feature allows you to configure email and/or push-to-mobile notifications when the system status has been updated.

Un-check the box for Send only if there are new and you will receive status alerts continuously. This may be useful in order to be assured of system health on an ongoing basis.

You may specify multiple email recipients by separating their addresses with semicolons or commas. You may choose to include the "all cameras" image along with the email.

In order to receive push-to-mobile notifications, the device must first login to your server with an admin access account. Then you must enable push for the device on the Options/Mobile devices page."

You can also install blue iris tools to monitor blue iris itself