So I've got a 2mp Starlight (5231R-Z), what camera is next?

buckfast

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Having read a lot here from knowledgeable folk, I went ahead and purchased two of 2MP Starlight HDW5231R-Z turrets. I have eventually had the time to set them up, and am quite happy with the purchase.

So, I am looking for cameras number 3 and 4. Perhaps another outdoor and one for indoors.

From what I can gather the starlight model I have now is the most recommended camera. Which other Dahua cameras follow in terms of best buys?

Perhaps a PTZ for outdoors? Which one? And then there's indoors where I would need a small and aesthetically acceptable camera. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Having read a lot here from knowledgeable folk, I went ahead and purchased two of 2MP Starlight HDW5231R-Z turrets. I have eventually had the time to set them up, and am quite happy with the purchase.

So, I am looking for cameras number 3 and 4. Perhaps another outdoor and one for indoors.

From what I can gather the starlight model I have now is the most recommended camera. Which other Dahua cameras follow in terms of best buys?

Perhaps a PTZ for outdoors? Which one? And then there's indoors where I would need a small and aesthetically acceptable camera. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
IPC-HDW4231EM-AS or IPC-HDBW4231F-AS

buckfast

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Andy. Why the HDW4231EM ? What's the difference between it and my existing cameras?