[SOFTWARE] Dahua WEB Translation to English (with no firmware modification)

Discussion in 'Dahua' started by MK-IPC, Jan 13, 2019 at 7:01 AM.

Share This Page

?

I will use it instead of flashing mod. firmware.

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MK-IPC

MK-IPC n3wb

Introduction:

I bought DH-IPC-HDBW4631R-ZS at TaoBao (in China). I thought that its a good idea. I expected that it can easily be switched to English but... I was disappointed... I can't.

I've read some topics about firmware modifications and it's restrictions: Dahua Firmware Mod Kit + Modded Dahua Firmware
    I do not found complete compiled binary to flash (Rhea FW).

I think: I can mod it by yourself using published toolkit: BotoX/Dahua-Firmware-Mod-Kit!
    But...
    I can easily brick my IPC and I need to solder Serial Port to unbrick it. I'm too lazy to solder.
    I can not upgrade my IPC to the latest firmware to patch newest vulnerabilities.

Not good! So I've made a simple Chromium (Chrome) browser extension. It will translate almost all words. You will be able to setup you camera with no any restrictions. Furthermore in this case YOU CAN UPGRADE YOUR FIRMWARE.

How to use:

1. Go to GitHub and clone repo: mk-ipc/dahua-web-translator.
    2. Check it by your antivirus :lmao:
    3. Go to the extensions page of your Chromuim (Chrome) browser: chrome://extensions/
    4. In the top right corner enable checkbox Developer Mode.
    5. Find and press "Load Unpacked" button and select directory with cloned repo.
    6. Go to you IPC web interface. Magic!

How to use own dictionaries:
    My extension was built for firmware V2.622. If you have different firmware version you can use your own dictionary.

1. Download official English firmware at the Dahua website.
    2. Extract it by using Dahua Fimware Mod Kit by cor35vet. For example (your will be different) my command was:
    Code:
    sudo python3 extract.py ./fw2.622.bin -c HX5X3X-Rhea
    Then unpack custom-x.squashfs.img and find English.txt. It will probably be by path:
    Code:
    custom-x.squashfs.img/css/English.txt
    4. Open English.txt and open dict.js from the extension source code directory (unpacked extension).
    5. Manually copy the content from English.txt to the dict.js right after the code:
    Code:
    var __englishWords =

6. Load unpacked extension following the manual above.

No license. Free. Use it at your own risk!

/upd
    You can translate the interface to any language not English only. You just need to find correct dictionaries.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019 at 9:52 PM
    tangent, redfive and cor35vet like this.
  2. Q™

Q™ IPCT Contributor

A Russian stranger offering a compressed archive for us to download. What could possibly go wrong?

3. tangent

tangent IPCT Contributor

Using javascript to change the language has been documented here before. I think some of the other methods were even simpler.

4. MK-IPC

MK-IPC n3wb

Every Russian a hacker, drink vodka and playing balalaika. :facepalm: Don't be a victim of CNN propaganda.
    ________

I have uploaded it to Github with no compression: mk-ipc/dahua-web-translator.

mentax likes this.
  5. tangent

tangent IPCT Contributor

Don't fall for the RT propaganda either.

Thanks for sharing your solution for changing languages. Similar browser-side methods have been documented here before though a bit less refined.

6. MK-IPC

MK-IPC n3wb

They both are a*******.

Could you please give the links? There are not much English info about Dahua cameras. Better to make it crosslinked for fast searching process.

7. Q™

Q™ IPCT Contributor

You can bet your last ruble that I am anything but a victim, a follower, or a sheeple. I don't I watch CNN, I don't Fox News, nor do I watch Russia Today. Are you able to comprehend that it might be inappropriate for a stranger to post an archive to a forum? Or are you devoid of common sense? smiley22.gif

8. tangent

tangent IPCT Contributor

I think it's buried in a large thread, I'll see if I can find it. It was basically the same technique of using javascript to swap languages it's pretty simple stuff.

9. MK-IPC

MK-IPC n3wb

I agree with that. Therefore I have uploaded it to GitHub in the post you're quoted.

My claims were to you because you focused on my nationality. Let's talk about cameras and solve the common problems.

Q™ likes this.
  10. Q™

Q™ IPCT Contributor