SOLVED: Error connecting to Axis M3045-V via ONVIF

Reaction score
Hello, all.
I have a mixed set of older/newer Axis cams that I've been using to learn about Blue Iris. I've configured all of the cameras with the same set of OVIF credentials. After setting up the ONVIF user for my older cameras (M3203/M3204's) I've been able to add them to Blue Iris as a Genric/ONVIF cam and let the Find/inspect feature populate all of the necessary items. After making sure to turn off hardware acceleration for the time being on each camera, they work wonderfully with the software.

My newer cam, the M3045-V, is my problem child. It has the same ONVIF user credentials. Attempting to Find/inspect this camera yields the following output:

Opening 10.25.25.16 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
Unauthorized, check user/password
Opening 10.25.25.16 port 8999...
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
HTTP 12029
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
RTSP port open?
RTSP port detected!
Done

The Blue Iris view reports the following issue with the camera.
Cam-3045V: No Signal
Error: 8000007a (Check Port/User/Password) 0

The kicker is that I verified there is not a user/password issue by testing this camera with ONVIF Device Manager v2.2.250. ODM is able to view the camera's live stream with the same credentials that are in Blue Iris. Currently, it seems like this issue is isolated to Blue Iris. The M3045-V is running the latest firmware and I've already attempted a factory reset + reconfigure. Any tips from where to troubleshoot this next would be appreciated.

Thank you for reading.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, all.
I have a mixed set of older/newer Axis cams that I've been using to learn about Blue Iris. I've configured all of the cameras with the same set of OVIF credentials. After setting up the ONVIF user for my older cameras (M3203/M3204's) I've been able to add them to Blue Iris as a Genric/ONVIF cam and let the Find/inspect feature populate all of the necessary items. After making sure to turn off hardware acceleration for the time being on each camera, they work wonderfully with the software.

My newer cam, the M3045-V, is my problem child. It has the same ONVIF user credentials. Attempting to Find/inspect this camera yields the following output:

Opening 10.25.25.16 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
Unauthorized, check user/password
Opening 10.25.25.16 port 8999...
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
HTTP 12029
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
RTSP port open?
RTSP port detected!
Done

The Blue Iris view reports the following issue with the camera.
Cam-3045V: No Signal
Error: 8000007a (Check Port/User/Password) 0

The kicker is that I verified there is not a user/password issue by testing this camera with ONVIF Device Manager v2.2.250. ODM is able to view the camera's live stream with the same credentials that are in Blue Iris. Currently, it seems like this issue is isolated to Blue Iris. The M3045-V is running the latest firmware and I've already attempted a factory reset + reconfigure. Any tips from where to troubleshoot this next would be appreciated.

Thank you for reading.
triple check the credentials entered and the onvif port in BI. Delete the camera in BI and start over.

Last edited:
Reaction score
...the onvif port in BI...
Well, I've wasted most of my morning. I didn't think to check the ONVIF port that BI was attempting to use since it had automatically selected the proper ONVIF port on the older model cameras. I referenced the M3204 I have and Blue Iris had detected its ONVIF port as 80. After changing the ONVIF port of the M-3045V to match and running another Find/inspect I'm now able to see this camera as well.

Thanks for the fresh set of eyes, fenderman!