[Solved] Lost live view after android update?

nadmax

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I suspect the latest android update broke live view - the stream stays stuck on 'loading'

I'm running 2.0.58 on my wife's phone and my phone (different models + android versions) and the app does not work on either. Issue persists regardless of whether I'm on LAN or WAN.

Web interface works fine, even though WAN.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm assuming the best option is to email support?

Thanks in advance!

NM.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I suspect the latest android update broke live view - the stream stays stuck on 'loading'

I'm running 2.0.58 on my wife's phone and my phone (different models + android versions) and the app does not work on either. Issue persists regardless of whether I'm on LAN or WAN.

Web interface works fine, even though WAN.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm assuming the best option is to email support?

Thanks in advance!

NM.
what version of the server are you running?

nadmax

n3wb
Reaction score
Was on 4.7.9.0 - just migrated to 4.7.9.1, still have the same issue.

The symptom also applies to clips (alerts) aside from the live video feeds.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Nexus 10 tablet Android 5.1.1. Also a Android 7.0 phone. Bi version 4.7.9.1. Android bi app version 2.0.58.
Can see and play clips and live.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Was on 4.7.9.0 - just migrated to 4.7.9.1, still have the same issue.

The symptom also applies to clips (alerts) aside from the live video feeds.
are you running bitdefender? if not what antivirus? regardless, disable it and test.

nadmax

n3wb
Reaction score
Dangit - I should have run a better due diligence.

I swapped out my Malwarbytes with Bitdefender about a week ago, I initially thought this might be the cause so I disabled the AV from the GUI. But following your post, I decided to uninstall it completely and everything works fine!

Do note that I had completely whitelisted BI files folders and processes during the deployment but I guess Bitdfender just interferes way too much for BI to work correctly.

Thank you for help and assistance - much appreciated.