[SOLVED] Problems with Dahua SD49225T

Jack Haley

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a SD49225T that I've had installed for about 4 years in my backyard. Recently its been having some issues.

It shows video, but seems to reboot the stream every couple minutes, if you try to move it, it says "Starting PTZ" but nothing happens.
It does ping, but I can't get to the webgui.
If I power cycle it, it does move through its sweep, but after that I can never get it to move myself.

Any troubleshooting this, or should I look for something to replace it?

Jack Haley

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bad news, I brought it down and plugged it directly into my mikrotik switch. It's pulling 10-13W but its still not letting the controls work and the stream keeps dying.

The contacts looked great, and in testing I just grabbed a 6ft patch cable, I guess its starting to look like a malfunctioning device.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Could still be corrosion in the connector you cannot see.

Did you use dielectric grease?

@looney2ns recommends a product but I forget the name to use and try to get off corrosion you can't see.

Jack Haley

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The outside cameras had there own poe+ switch. So I've at least been able to check two different switches and two different patch cables with the same result.

I'll give the camera rj45 jack a good cleaning and see if I get my camera back.

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can also consider an external PoE injector. Sometimes the PoE supply can go south and an injector bypasses that problem completely. Just make sure you get one big enough to power the camera, say a 3amp or 30 watt model.
When I said the PoE supply I meant the PoE supply in the camera that converts it from ~50VDC to 12VDC, not the switch.
To bypass the camera PoE supply, I believe you need a PoE 12V splitter, not a PoE injector.

Jack Haley

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll see if I can dig up an end you put on my desktop power supply to check this.

1659108654018.png

Jack Haley

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You did not get a power supply with your camera? It suppose to be quite a big and heavy one.
I don't remember to be honest. I can hunt around and see if I did and if I kept it and can find it. The Ifs are piling up!

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
The T is the old model no? The XA/XB did not come with a power supply. You maybe right, because I had the 59225T.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Definitely sounds like a corroded connector

Jack Haley

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I found a 12V 4A power supply and tried that over the weekend. The behavior is the same. I'm guessing that means whatever is wrong is internal.