Some Dahua unclarities

BioHazarD

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first forum post as I already looked everywhere on the internet and I didn't find any good answers...
I'm a newbie when it comes to CCTV and until recently I didn't even know what a DVR/NVR is.
Anyway...

I have a place at the countryside where I just installed (so far) 4 IP cams + 1 NVR:
  • -NVR Dahua NVR2108HS-8P-4KS2
  • 2 x IP Cameras DH-IPC-HFW1230S1-S4
  • - 2 x Wifi Cameras IPC-HFW1435S-W-S2

Issues:
1. I can connect directly with the DMSS app via P2P & S/N to the two Wifi Cameras. But for some reason it's impossible to do the same in SmartPSS and gDMSS...both cameras appear offline. If I am in the same nw, connecting via the local IP works fine, but I am usually outside the nw. Connecting to the two cameras via the NVR also works fine...but I'd like to add them independently as well, especially in SmartPSS. The sw version is the one from the official website.
Any ideas in how to fix? Or what is causing this?

2. After I bought the two IP POE Cameras, I just connected them to the NVR w/o any other settings beforehand, like using IpConfigTool or similar. The two cameras have now an IP Address like 10.1.1.XX although my nw is using 192.168.0.XXX. I guess the format is given by the NVR...
I would like to add the two cameras directly in my apps by using the P2P functionality via S/N, but for this I guess I need to set-up a user + pwd. Can this be done via IpConfig if I change my IP manually to the above format...10.1.1.XX?

Thanks in advance, any input is appreciated.

22.JPG

Kevin Penney

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It would simplify things a bunch of you could reassign static ip addresses to those two cameras within the same subnet, and then manually configure port forwarding in your router for the http port of the camera.. that's the way i usually do it, but I'm sure someone more experienced here will disagree!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
two of the cameras are connected via POE to the back of the NVR, Two of the cameras are on the local network. This is very normal when mixing camera connection types.

You should be able to access the 10. network cameras via the NVR, You will not be able to directly access the cameras by IP address.
The quality and reliability of the wifi camera will be questionable. WIFI must not be used for security and surveillance purposes, it is fine to what the deer and squires in the back yard.

teemu81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1.- the IPC-HFW1435S-W-S2 cameras are only compatible via P2P with the DMSS app, they don't work with SmartPss or any other App if you try to connect via their serial number. It's stated on the cameras datasheet. Don't ask me why Dahua has chosen to go this path with these cameras but as silly as it sounds, that's what they did.
2.- Cameras connected to the PoE ports are in a subnet that's isolated from your home network, therefore these cameras don't have access to the internet and cannot be accessed directly via P2P, the only way to reach them is via the NVR.
You can't change the range of the PoE subnet to match your home network, it's mandatory they are different.

BioHazarD

n3wb
Reaction score
The quality and reliability of the wifi camera will be questionable. WIFI must not be used for security and surveillance purposes, it is fine to what the deer and squires in the back yard.
Don't disagree here. Only reason why I use some over wifi is the distance until the NVR.

1.- the IPC-HFW1435S-W-S2 cameras are only compatible via P2P with the DMSS app, they don't work with SmartPss or any other App if you try to connect via their serial number. It's stated on the cameras datasheet. Don't ask me why Dahua has chosen to go this path with these cameras but as silly as it sounds, that's what they did.
Hmm, seems you are right. Silly indeed...

2.- Cameras connected to the PoE ports are in a subnet that's isolated from your home network, therefore these cameras don't have access to the internet and cannot be accessed directly via P2P, the only way to reach them is via the NVR.
You can't change the range of the PoE subnet to match your home network, it's mandatory they are different.
Ok, I guess it makes sense.
So,there's nothing wrong with my set-up. :)
I had some doubts if it would have been better to Initialize the cameras first using the Dahua ConfigTool, and only afterwards connect them to the NVR.

teemu81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With Dahua is better to let the PoE NVR to do the initialization of the cameras. It'll set them up with the NVR password. If you initialize the cameras yourself and by chance decide to use a password different than the NVR is using, well...you're up to some potential surprises after a reboot with the NVR trying to connect with them using a wrong password.